Parting Before Starting.

I feel my heart is being ripped apart the closer we grow.

This will end badly.

I can feel you next to me. I can feel our fingers trace circles on hot skin after colitis. Tracing memories that we know will soon be the only thing to sustain us through the time known only as After. The time apart.

We skirt this deep knowing as we communicate, share, and envelope each other into our souls.

I used to say I didn't believe in soul mates and I don't. But I do believe there are connections with people that are kismet, serendipitous to the nth degree. Star crossed lovers willing to take a chance.

I do not have a crystal ball. I don't know how this will end. I fear it being a disaster. But I'm willing to do anything to know you. To etch this secret time with you into my mind and let it define a part of the scars of my heart.

I am not hopeful. I am okay with this being a season of the heart. But I do know it's not just me that knows or feels this way. It's not just a way to get laid or to try and con someone else for gain.

There is a fire here. I dared not believe. I dared not wish. I dared not hoped. A minuscule passing thought of what it...

That is all I could allow you to be. Please be more. Take my heart and mold it with your hands and let me learn from you and when we are done and you are gone, please let me keep whatever you've given me. I will cherish this time. I will be glad for the inevitable hurt. The scars will be worth it. You are worth it.