4. A Black Pig, a Silver Sword and Rum

The woman fell on the captain's neck like she had not seen him in years, rather than weeks, unabashedly kissing him right in front of everybody

The woman fell on the captain's neck like she had not seen him in years, rather than weeks, unabashedly kissing him right in front of everybody. His furious blush proved he was not quite as unconcerned about their audience as his wife.

She let him go at last and curiously looked about her on the ship. "Who are you?" she asked Rose, but moved on to Jack Sparrow before she could answer: "And what are you doing here?" Her voice was refined, sounding much like the posh, upper class Londoners Rose and her mother had mingled with during their Europe trip, the journey that had ended with their returning to America aboard the Titanic.

Jack shrugged. "Ask the eunuch," he suggested.

"I'm not–"

"You're just jealous." She turned to Will. "Why is Jack here?"

Captain Turner quickly filled her in on what had happened, and introduced her and Rose to each other.

"Rose Dawson."

"Elizabeth Turner."

They shook hands, smiling. Rose instantly liked the other woman, admiring her openness and bossy behavior.

Will asked Rose to show the necklace, and she pulled it out from its hiding place in her bosom. Elizabeth looked at the jewel with interest. "It's beautiful!" She stroked the blue diamond. "And this belongs to Calypso?"

Will nodded. "Jack knows how to summon her, but he needs a ship."

His wife was still regarding the object, looking thoughtful. "It must be very powerful if it pulled her back in time. Interesting. I wonder..." Then she seemed to have registered what Will had said. "A ship?" She turned to Jack. "Tsk, tsk. You lost the Pearl again." She shook her head at him. 

"I will get her back," he muttered, giving her a dark look.

"He wants to borrow your boat," said Will.

"My boat? But it's just a fishing boat."

"It will do," said Jack, regarding the vessel critically where it bobbed gently by the pier.

"You will break her. Or lose her. You seem to be good at losing ships."

"I will do no such thing. I am Captain–"

"...Jack Sparrow, yes I know. Alright, you can borrow her–"

"Oh, great!"

"–but then I come along as well."

"No!" said Jack and Will simultaneously.

"Yes. It's not negotiable." She crossed her arms.

Rose kept her silence but secretly cheered on Elizabeth. It would be a relief to not be alone with the pirate.

"It's not safe," said Will earnestly. "I won't survive if anything happens to you."

"I can take care of myself. I have to for another ten years," she said. He flinched at that, looking a combination of sad and ashamed.