Chapter 16

"Nathan?" I knocked lightly on the door once again before sighing and looking around the hall. It was just as quiet as in the hall to the girl's dorms. And while it was understandable it still felt eerie in some way. I could even hear my feet shift from inside my shoes, the air enter and leave my body and my heartbeat speed up slightly as I thought about the scary atmosphere. I felt uncomfortable, really uncomfortable. "Natha-"

I jumped slightly when a click sound was heard and the door opened. Nathan just sighed, nodding his head in towards his room, non verbally telling me to enter. I did as I was told, and I couldn't help but to feel slightly more at ease as I did. I don't know why it's such a weird atmosphere in the whole school today. I could just feel that something was off. But as soon as I was in Nathan's presence I immediately forgot all about it.

"I thought I'd be able to finish writing to Ma- finish writing this thing, but you were too quick." Nathan closed the door and smiled slightly at me, causing me to scratch the back of my neck. "I'm sorry..." It felt as if Nathan was annoyed with me, but I didn't get why, he was the one that told me to come over. "Don't worry about it. I have to finish it though, so you'll have to wait for like two seconds." I nodded, and he walked over to his desk and sat down by his computer, sighing before pressing the keyboard buttons. They were really loud, but it was comforting in some way. I didn't have to listen to the silence now, because the sound of nothingness is the worst sound there is.

I walked around in Nathan's room once again. I did this yesterday, or the day before that, I honestly couldn't remember. It felt as if I'd been hanging out with Nathan for ages. However, the room hadn't changed at all, it still looked dark, and lonely. Nathan hadn't even pulled the curtains today, so there were no natural light seen in the room. I let out a small sigh, giving him a not so serious evil eye before walking over to the curtains and uncovering the window. A proud exhale then escaped my now smiling lips as I turned around, laying my eyes upon the furniture. It looked like a completely different room. Lighter. Happier. More alive. I put my hands in my pockets, smiling slightly as a realizing gasp left my lips. I actually remembered to bring Nathan the money I owed him.

"Done." I looked at Nathan, who spun his chair around to look at me with a faint smile plastered on his face. I only noticed now how pale he was. His pupils then averted from me to the window, and they then danced across the whole room as he slowly spun his chair with his legs to follow his gaze. He then let out a small "Huh." Before looking at me again. I just rolled my eyes and walked up to him, smiling. "What?" He said, flashing me a confused expression. I simply just shook my head before handing him the money I had in my pocket. "For the meals at the café." Nathan just stared at the money I'd given him, not even closing his hand to hold it firmly. He then looked up at me, frowning slightly while looking surprisingly puzzled. I chuckled, waving my hand in the air once. "I know, I'm such a nice person. Paying for myself and all that. No need to thank me." I said before making my way to his couch, taking a seat before chuckling. "No, but in all honesty, thanks for paying for me when I didn't have any money on me." He just shook his head, putting the money aside before clearing his throat.

"You should really uncover your windows more often, it gives your room more life." I said as I decided to break the silence and move on from the money. Nathan just nodded and shrugged, letting out a small "sure" before he stood up, laying down on his bed, yawning. "I wanted to do something with you today as well. I didn't feel like sitting around, letting my thoughts wander off on their own, you know? But that thing I just wrote completely drained me of all the energy I had."  I nodded, stretching my arm slightly before yawning as well. "Yeah, I don't really feel like leaving the school today..." My gaze then traveled upwards before I noticed the movie projector in his ceiling. "How about we just take it easy and watch some movies, then you won't have to be alone and we don't have to do anything that takes too much energy." Nathan looked up at the projector, smiling slightly before looking at me again, nodding. I answered his smile with a small grin of my own before standing up, jumping onto the bed and laying next to Nathan, but on my stomach while he laid on his back.

"What do you feel like watching?" I said, smiling at him. He just looked at me, stopping for a second before shaking his head and looking up at the projector. "I don't know really, I'm usually not the one who picks the movie." I just sighed before rolling over onto my back, lying next to him as we both looked at the projector. "Alright, pick a genre." I heard a small sigh coming from Nathan, causing me to chuckle slightly. "Alright, horror." I just sat up, smiling as I looked at him. "Oh, thank you, I have the perfect movie that you just have to watch." I swung my legs over the edge of Nathan's bed before turning around, flashing Nathan a closed eyes smile.

"I actually think you'll like this one."