22. A Different Beat

We make our way through backstage and arrive to the bit around the platform where security is.

"I'm not standing next to those guys" Lou says, "we'll watch it from here"

There's a tall black fence in front of us and we have to go on our tiptoes and lean our hands at the top of the fence to actually see the boys. When they start walking up the catwalk to where the stage is, Harry spots us and bursts out laughing, mocking us.

 When they start walking up the catwalk to where the stage is, Harry spots us and bursts out laughing, mocking us

We shake our heads and laugh too.

The concert goes on and the songs go by.

I can't hold back a big smile when Niall starts playing on the guitar the first chords of one particular song.

"You like it?" Lottie says turning to me.

I nod.

"Don't ask me why, but it's still one of my favorites. I guess it's because everything they sing about applies to me"

"Well, you have freckles on your cheeks" Lou agrees as Zayn starts singing; "and you get crinkles by your eyes when you smile. What about your stomach and your thighs though?"

"I've never loved them" I chuckle, making Lou and Lottie laugh.

"You do talk in your sleep; Niall told me that" Lou says as Louis sings his bit.

"What?"

"He sometimes hears you when you fall asleep before he does" she answers smiling.

I cover my face with my hands, embarrassed. Then it's Niall's turn.

"You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you..."

"You're gonna think it's because I'm supposed to be with him, but this has always been my favourite part of the song" I confess smiling looking at the boys.

"... And you'll never treat yourself right, darling, but I want you to"

"He never sings the end of the next bit" I add turning to the girls; "I've never seen him singing it. He always leaves it to the audience"

"Well, he has sung it a couple of times. But I think Niall is the type of guy who likes to feel the lyrics he sings" Lou says looking at the boys, "... Maybe he hasn't found someone worth singing that to" she adds.

"If I let you know... I'm here for you" Niall sings looking around the stadium; "maybe you'll love yourself like I... You sing!"

The whole stadium finishes the verse.

I turn to Lou making an 'I-told-you-so' face and she gives me a sad smile.

"How amazing was that?" Liam laughs entering the room once the concert has finished.