5. Bridge over Troubled Water

It's 8:29 am when I exit the elevator.

I sit in one of the lobby's armchairs and stare out of the window, hoping to see him any time soon. I look at every car that stops by, and finally I recognise him.

Harry takes his head out of the car window.

"Do you mind putting the suitcase in the boot?" he asks, "I would do it myself, but I'm afraid someone might see me"

"No worries"

I put the suitcase in the boot and open the co-driver's door. Harry starts the engine and we leave London behind.

"Did you sleep well?" he asks glancing at me.

"Yeah, I did. I have a king size bed all to myself. Did you sleep well?"

"Yep" Harry answers with a smile.

As he said yesterday, it takes us a bit more than three hours to get to Holmes Chapel.

"So you've never been to Holmes Chapel"

"No."

"Is this the first time you've come to England?"

"No, no" I answer shaking my head; "My parents have some friends in Nottingham and we used to visit them once a year"

"That explains your great English" Harry smiles, "Did you say Nottingham?" I nod, "That's not far from here. Though it is closer to where Louis lives"

"Doncaster, is it?"

"Yeah"

"To be honest, I checked where everything was when I was at home, but I have forgotten it"

Harry laughs and parks in the street.

"This is it" he says, getting out of the car.

He is wearing black jeans, a white plain t-shirt, his characteristic boots and a grey beanie.

He has parked in front of his house, so there is no chance that somebody can see us.

Harry opens the house's front door and almost bumps into someone.

"Harry! My goodness you scared me!"

"Sorry, mum" Harry smiles, giving her a hug.

"What are you doing here? I thought you said you were going to stay in London till Friday"

"I did. But then I thought Victoria would enjoy some time off London" and he introduces me "Mum, this is Victoria. Victoria... this is my mum"

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Twist" I say.