Chapter 29

Dean POV:

The beach is almost empty, just a few are laying on the sand and looking at the sky as the sun goes down. The warm air is getting chilly and bringing pleasure to our spines. The waves roll ashore and smooth down the sand at our feet, giving the best feeling of our life.

I turn to look at Seth when he mumbles slowly as his eyes glued to the ocean, "It's merciless and unfathomable!" He sighs and averts his eyes to glance at me, searching for something in my icy blue orbs.

I didn't expect he would accept to visit the beach with me when I offered, and it gave me an unbelievable surprise. My heart beats in a slow rhythm when he gives a small smile at me before turning his gaze again to the ocean.

We stay in comfortable silence for a few minutes until the sky is dark and covered with sparkling stars. I know he loves me, but what makes him on Earth regretting it. Does he have any problem in his life that he can't even share it with me?

I need to give him a comfortable feeling and make him step his foot anywhere with me. I move my hand slowly across him and place it on his, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. "Can you sing your favorite for me?"

He stares at me for a few moments and nods slowly with the evidence of love in his eyes. He inhales the salty Maui air and plays with the sand as he starts to sing a song that he has sung on the day.

I watch his cute face and lose myself in his song, feeling something new. It's really enchanted, and it takes me to another world. I've heard none other than a mermaid's voice can bring anyone to forget their own world, but he is far from that.

I will challenge all the mermaids if they have guts to beat the voice of my angel. No one can stand against him in singing. Not only in singing, in everything. I admire his face that is illuminated by the moon's bright glow.

His smiles grow wider as he stands up from the ground and gazes out into the ocean. He walks right along the water and lets the waves crash on him. He involves something emotional to the ocean and I can see it through his eyes.

My heart thrums in my chest and makes me feel a little uncomfortable when I remember the memories of his suicide commitment. I get up from the ground and walk over to him casually without creating any doubt in him, wrapping my arm around his waist.

He turns around and places his hand on my chest, looking into my blue orbs. Our eyes are locking and having a secret conversation between us as we just stare at each other. It is obvious to us that there is an undeniable spark between us.

I can feel the same intensity and passion in him through his eyes. I can feel his heart throbbing against his chest as we stare at each other for what feels like a lifetime before I say, "I wanna kiss you."

My words are so quiet that the sound of the waves crashing almost drowns us out. My lips twitch into a smile when he nods his head slowly and closes his eyes, letting me do anything. It's a surprise for me because I haven't expected any of this happening.

I lean forward and press my lips on his, pushing in closer to his warm body. One of my hands reaches up to grab at the back of his head while the other grab at his waist. I feel his hand on my arm, clutching onto the strong bicep muscles as his life depends on it.

I tighten my arms around him and pull him closer to me, causing him to leave a light moan from his lips as our bodies press up together. It feels good to have him so close like this. I can't get enough of him because he is so much good for me...

Seth POV:

I open my eyes slowly and stare at Dean for a few moments before moving away and walking over to the shore. I feel good as I realize that I have done a good thing in my life. I can't hide my feelings anymore because my emotions start to collapse with it.

My intention failed because of these feelings, so I had nothing anymore to lose. I tried not to attach with humans emotionally, but I couldn't. As much as I try to stay away from him, my heart thinks about him and begs for him. I'm getting tired of ignoring him.

He grabs my hand from behind and gives me a confused look, "Are you okay?"

I nod slowly and take a seat by the shore. "I just need something to eat. I feel a little hungry." I mumble and draw my knees up to my chest, hugging them tightly. I look up at him when he places his hand on my shoulder and points toward a restaurant that is a few distances away from us.

"Nah, I can't walk that much distance. It's too long for me!" I convince him and try to shove him away for a few minutes. I need some time to process everything and decide what is good for me.

"Get up! I'll carry you there!" He says and tries to pick me up, but I stop him and regain my position. He gives me a confused look and watches me carefully to find what is wrong with me.

"I don't want to come there. I just admire the waves until you reach here." I reassure him by giving his hand a gentle squeeze. I smile and wave a small hand at him as he convinces himself to let me stay here while he is going.

I lift my gaze towards the sky and admire the moon that is casting an eerie glow across the normally perfect water. I like the way it looks. A smile grows on his lips as I realize the love and appreciation in me of living here.

Suddenly I feel a familiar vibe in the air and it makes me glance at the rocks. I think about it a little and get up, running towards it. I know who can be it is. My friends would hear my song in the air and come to look over for me.

My guess is right! I smile and run over to him, giving them a group hug. "I missed you, guys!" I pull away from them and press a small kiss on each of their heads. I guide us to the side of the rock and have a conversation with them.

They told the complete story of what happened when I jumped into the ocean that day. They felt sorry for me about not being a merman again but got happy of saving me. They promise they will find a way to get me there soon.

"He is good for you!" Alexa blurts out and gets me off-guard.

"What?!" I ask a little confused and look around to find whom she is mentioned. "Who are you talking about?" I ask and try to know who is selected for me. Did my parents select someone for me in our world?

My stomach churns a little and makes me uncomfortable about the topic. How could my parents select a soulmate for me without asking for my wish? I know they will never accept Dean how much he tries and impresses them because he is a human. But it doesn't mean I can marry someone who belongs to our world. I can live on myself with him in my heart and it's enough for me.

Alexa snaps her fingers in front of my face and gets me out of my thoughts, "Are you here with us or the icy blue-eyed man who has stolen your heart?"

My eyes widen at her words when she mentions about Dean. How did she know about him? If she knew, I was sure my entire world would know about this. They felt bad about me for not concentrating on my task by thinking about a human.

I glance up when Sasha places her hand on my shoulder and says, "We knew everything! On that day, we could see the love and care in his eyes for you. He struggled to save you from death. He loves you with his whole heart!"

"I know, but loving a human is against our rule!" I mumble and play with my fingers, feeling weak of not having the guts to oppose the rules.

She grabs my hand and rubs the back of it, "Of course. But if he was not there that day, we would lose you. So your parents decided to break the rules for their lovely son, for you!"

I smile brightly and throw myself at her, holding her tight until the happiness sinks in me. No one knows how happy I am. I pull away from her when I hear her voice against my cheek, "What's his name?"

"Dean!" I blush a little and start to chew my nail nervously. If I have my fins with me, I will wander around the ocean and reflect my happiness to everyone. I giggle and jump slightly when I hear his voice in the air. I have to go before he reaches here and finds out about us. I wave a hand at my friends and get up from the ground, running over to him.