Chapter 34

Seth POV:

I groan as I stare at the computer screen. I'd been trying in vain to record the entry list of customers who were coming to the shop to put tattoos, but every time I got to the end of the line and reached the amount section, the window would freeze for a few moments before closing.

I pinch the bridge of my nose, feeling the first sting of yet another annoying headache coming on. I don't know how I'm gonna complete the entries that I have noted if the window keeps freezing.

"When will you take us to your man?" I snatch away from my thoughts when I hear Alexa's voice. Yeah... I took the bottle with me because they did this skill for preferring to stay with me, so why not?

I glare at her in annoyance and rethink my choice of taking them here. My mind is just freezing like this stupid computer, but they're not worried about it and keep asking me about Dean.

As I'm about to open my mouth to respond to her, I notice that Paige is coming toward me. "Hey Paige," I greet her first to let my friends know that it's visitor time. They wander in the water quickly and curl into a ball, looking like a couple of pearls.

 They wander in the water quickly and curl into a ball, looking like a couple of pearls

I sigh and get up to give a small hug to her when she approaches me. I pull away from her and let her take a seat beside me, wanting to know what she wants to talk to me. I'm sure she is up with something now.

During her free time, she would usually call her boyfriend and talked to him without caring about others. If she caught in the owner's sight, she would manage to calm him with a small smile. She is excellent at convincing others by just a single look.

She grabs my hand and rubs the back of it before dropping all the things her mind is holding. "Roman wants us to visit the beach at noon to have lunch at the shore of it."

"It seems a great idea!" I squeal excitedly. How could I say no to visiting home? I'm available at any time to visit the beach, and I'm sure it will soothe my mind a little.

"So you're in." She says with a brief sigh. She has truly surprised because she hasn't expected this answer from me. Her surprise may be doubled or faded if she knows that I'm a merman, but I don't want to take any risk in it.

I'm eagerly waiting for the lunch break than Paige without caring about the entries that I need to update on the computer. I arrange the notes clearly and lock them in the drawer once the time has settled for me.

I grab the bottle and hold her hand when we walk out of the shop in comfortable silence. It isn't until we are on the road, she behind the wheel of her car, that we struck up some conversation until we reach the beach.

The sun is warm as it beats down on our heads, but we ignore it and keep walking to the deck where her boyfriend is waiting for us. A surprised smile curls on my lips when I find Dean is sitting on the bench on the deck, rocking back and forth slightly, a glass of juice in his hand. Another glass rest on the table in front of him. I'm genuinely stupid for not guessing him here if Roman arranges all these.

I run over to him without a moment's hesitation and press our lips together. My brown eyes slide closed as our mouths morph together and feel one another. I find myself pushing in closer to his warm body as I feel his arm tighten around me and pull me closer to him. It feels good to have him so close to me like this.

My lips part and allow his tongue to probe inside of my mouth, the thick, pink muscle rubbing and curling with my tongue. As I'm so swathed in the kiss, my hand reaches up to catch the back of his head. I don't even notice the bottle in my hand slip until it hits the floor of the deck.

My eyes dart open, and I break the kiss to look down at the bottle, feeling a little embarrassed. I move to pick up the bottle, but Dean grabs my hand and leans forward, pressing his lips back against mine. The same bolt of electricity coursing through my body from our out-of-this-world kiss.

"Oh, come on, guys, just get a room." Roman's deep voice brings us back to reality, and we reluctantly let go of one another.

"Shut up, Roman. You're just jealous." He shouts back at his friend and grabs another glass of juice from the table, handing it to me.

I get it from him and pick up the bottle also before moving to sit on the bench. I hold the bottle up to my level of sight to tell them about him, but they tease me by replying that they know already by the intimate kiss I have shared with him.

My cheeks turn into a bright shade of red at their teasing, so I drop the bottle down and place it on the table. My eyes pan down from the usual orange majesty of the sun, drawing as always to the shock of silver curls moving swirly through the water.

A soft breeze blow through, chilling my skin slightly and bringing with it the smell of salt. A gentle smile curls on my lips when I find Dean's head moving through the water. When did he jump into the water?

My eyes still settle on him as I take a long sip of juice and set the glass down. He strolls toward me, shaking his hair, his half-naked body dripping wet, his feet caked with sand. He does only the most cursory job of toweling off before walking onto the deck and tracking sand as usual. He tosses his towel onto the bench and plops down next to me.

I watch the drops of water running down his impressive body until he presses his wet body against my side and pecks a small kiss on my lips. He picks his glass up and takes a sip, giving me a wink.

I smile a little and lean my head on his shoulder, watching Roman, who seems to be getting chatted up by a guy. I try to contain my laughter as the guy reaches out to touch his arm, but Roman just sort of reviews at it with a weird look on his face.

I turn to look at Paige when she approaches and sits beside me, watching the entire scene amusingly. I poke her in the ribs, but she squirms a little and swats my hand away.

"I think you should go and save your boyfriend," I mutter and shove her away. Instead of going to save him, she watches them a little longer, her eyes settling on her boyfriend and the random stranger in the water.

To make everything smooth over, she rolls her eyes and jumps into the water, swimming over to Roman. When she reaches him, she wastes no time swinging her arm around his waist and leaning into him like Dean does when someone tries to hit on me.

The guy tries to pass it off, laughing and joking, but I can see the defeated look on his face even from this far away. Before the guy can leave though, she leans up and presses a slight kiss to his lips.

My gaze turns to look at Dean and starts to drown in his ocean blue eyes. The one that tries to pull me into it, and I'm willing to end up with. Before my realization hits me, I wrap my arms around his neck and press my lips on his.