Chapter 12

Seth POV:

I stare at the waves as I think about my friends waiting for me on the side of the rocks. I don't know how I will get away from here and meet my friends without Dean known. I need to plan something to meet my friends because it's important.

When Dean snaps his fingers in front of my face, I come out of my thoughts and look at him, not knowing what to do. I try to talk random things but before that he asks me a question and makes me shut my mouth, "I forgot to ask you again. Where did you plan to go in this dark night?"

I blink my eyes and look around to find the right word for him, "Huh... I felt bored without Paige in the house, so I just walked here to see these waves!"

He nods and believes my lie, so I feel comfortable at this moment. I look over the rocks from here and get tensed as the time goes on. I look at him as he closes his eyes, and hope he will sleep soon, but he doesn't.

He opens his eyes again and looks at me in the eyes, "I hope you will tell me the truth. You always showed me this ocean whenever I asked you about your parents. What does it mean?"

My throat goes dry as I look at him. I didn't expect this question from him. He can't believe if I tell him so. It will lead my world into a problem if he knows about me.

"You-" He cuts me off before I prepare a lie and mocks, "You humans can't understand if I tell you so."

I laugh as I make eye contact with him. My sense gets attention when I hear my parent's voice in the air. I can feel them singing our favorite song, so I start to sing along with them without caring about Dean.

I stand up to walk on the sand but fall back on the lounge chair when Dean pulls me down. My heart beats fast when I realize he is here looking at me surprised. Shit! I forgot he is here with me.

"Your voice is really awesome as you. Please, baby, sing that song for me. Please.." He begs and holds my hand in his.

Even I don't want to sing for him, at least I want to sing the song for my parents to make them known that I'm here. I nod at him and pull my hand away from him, singing our favorite song.

I get up from the chair and walk back and forth as I sing. I let out a sigh and move backward slowly when he closes his eyes and forgets himself in my song. I run over to the rocks and get surprised when I see my parents with my friends.

I go to them and give them a long hug. I pull away from them and laugh slightly with tears in my eyes. These tears are not let out of my eyes with sadness. These tears express my happiness for longing the comfort from my parents.

My mom kisses all over my face and pulls me into another hug. She pulls away from me and cups my cheeks, "I missed you, baby."

"I missed you, mom," I say it from the inside of my heart and wipe the tears away which are flowing on her cheeks.

I look up when my dad places his hand on my shoulder and says, "I heard about what happened. Don't worry, we're with you. We'll find a way soon and get you back with us. Are you safe in the land, baby?"

I nod and lay my head on his chest, wrapping my hands around him. I hope the words that fell out of his mouth will be true. I hope there will be a way for me to go to my world.

I talk to them about the difference between the land and sea. They tell me about what is happening in our world. We talk to each other until I remember Dean. What if he starts to search for me?

I convince my parents and let them go before making my way to Dean. I find him not there in the lounge chair. I look around to find him, but he is nowhere to be found. Where did he go? Maybe he would go to his home.

I have no common sense or skills to walk on the streets alone at night, but I walked on this way a lot before to meet my friends. It isn't long as I run into a gang of ruffians, holding me at knifepoint, demanding my wallet.

I tell them that I have no money and I didn't bring my wallet here. I hope they will leave me after knowing that I have nothing, but they didn't. A tall man among them walks towards me and lifts my face up in the air.

I swallow hard as he stares at my face a little longer. "Hey, look at this boy. He is very pretty!" He tells his friends and grabs my cheeks hardly, "What if we didn't have a wallet? We have you!"

I get panicked and try to fight them off, but I can't. They are too brave and strong when compared to me. "Hey, I'm not a human. I'm a merman so please leave me.." I tell them my true identity, hoping to sway them into letting me go but they merely laugh, "Then where is your tail, baby?"

"I-I.." I move back slowly until my back hits someone's chest. I shudder and turn back to see another man grabbing my hand and pulling me against his chest. He wraps his arms around me and tugs at my shirt without caring for my pleas and cries.

Just when all seems lost, a whirlwind of manic energy burst into the circle of men. I smile softly when Dean nods at me and pulls me from the stranger's arms. As he is fighting with the ruffians, I wipe my tears away and pull my shirt down.

The strangers run away when he attacks them violently. I watch the entire scene in front of me without blinking my eyes and try to process everything. Humans are terrible. They didn't leave me even I told them that I'm a merman.

When Dean places his hand on my shoulder and shakes me, I blink my eyes and lay my head on his chest. "Are you okay?" He asks, stroking my hair to comfort me.

I nod and wipe the tear away, which is formed on my eye again. "Thank God, I didn't leave this place thinking that you left. Anyway, we should leave this place." He pulls me away from him and holds my hand before taking me to Paige's house.