TWELVE 」LOOKING FOR YOU

Start bij het begin

THE APOCALYPTIC FUTURE

Five trudged through the desolate ruins of what was once the thriving earth, a small cart with Delores tucked safely inside trailing behind him. He had travelled through scorching hot seasons, drenching rains, and bitter cold, but never once did he let his weary body rest for long.

As he finally settled into what he deemed a secure and peaceful spot, Five let out a chuckle as memories flooded back to him. "Do you remember that little mansion just outside the city limits where we . . . ," he trailed off, letting out a hearty laugh, "Yeah."

He cleared his throat. "Yeah, well. It turns out the wine cellar was untouched. Picked up a few cases of your favorite Bordeaux."

With a contented sigh, Five took a swig of the wine from his chalice and leaned back in his chair. "Ah, that's an exaggeration. I don't drink too much. You know, I work hard all day. Why would you even say that?" But before he could even protest to Delores' teasing jibe about his hard work, the sound of rubble collapsing shattered the silence. With lightning speed, Five snatched up his shotgun and aimed it in the direction of the noise. And just as quickly, his heart leapt into his throat as he saw a figure waving at him in the distance, a woman dressed in sunglasses. Blinking in disbelief, he squeezed his eyes shut and opened them again, repeated the motion several times, until finally he was convinced that she was not a mirage.

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

The light of dawn seeped into the room. Y/N finally woke up once she heard someone clearing their throat. She opened her bleary eyes and then came to a realization that she felt someone — alive, warm, definitely breathing in her arms. 'Jesus Christ, please tell me this isn't who this is,' she cussed in her head as she closed her eyes shut in refusal to look at who it could be. However, when they were forced open, there he was, the boy in all his glory laid next to her. The girl quickly pulled her hand away and pushed herself to the farthest space of the bed, her eyes widening.

"Good. You're finally awake. I was starting to think you were dead," she heard Five say with a blank expression on his face. He sighed and sat up. "Or worst case scenario, going to crush me to death."

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Y/N questioned frantically. He shrugged his shoulders in response, "Considering I only woke up approximately a minute and twenty-three seconds before you did, could I really?"

"Normal people would flinch and turn away immediately!"

"In case you were missing the detail, we're the most atypical people alive in this God forsaken world."

"I will kill yo—"

Luther fake coughed to get their attention. " — your dad." Callisto trailed in a sad attempt to cover up her true intentions.

"He's already dead." Five casually reminded.

"Guys, seriously. Enough about dad! Now that you guys are awake, piles of questions are waiting to be answered," Luther stated. Five rolled his eyes and sat properly on the bed, his feet touching the floor. "When's it supposed to happen? This . . . apocalypse."

"So, you know about it?" Y/N asked and sat properly as well, next to Five, fixing her bed hair and wiping the drool on her cheek. "Or did drunk minds speak sober thoughts?" Both Hargreeves ignored her.

Five took this chance to speak, to really speak. "I can't give you the exact hour, but . . . from what I could gather, we have four days left."

"Why didn't you say something sooner?"

"It wouldn't have mattered," Five said.

"Plus, haven't you noticed we've been in and out of the Academy? How frantically Five has been running around? How come none of you found his return suspicious?" Y/N added.