EIGHT 」DELORES

9.

FIVE METICULOUSLY stitched up the deep laceration on his arm, just beneath his shoulder, with a grimace of pain crossing his face. On the other side of the room, Y/N was tending to her own wounds, cleaning her firearm with a soft cloth. Freshly showered, she was now donned in a crisp uniform and a newly changed bandage around her leg. As she watched Five tend to his injury, she winced in sympathy.

"That must be extremely painful," she observed.

"Do you think?" Five replied tersely, as he reached for a strip of adhesive bandages.

"Oh my," Y/N exclaimed, grabbing the box of bandages. "Look at these cute band-aids, with Billy the Choo-Choo on them. I don't even know who that is, but they're adorable." She plucked five of the bandages from the box and tucked them into her pockets.

Five and Y/N sneaked out of the room through the window, with Five dressed in his schoolboy uniform and carrying a bag containing Delores. As Five and Y/N made their way down the fire escape, Y/N carefully warned Five not to look up, her voice firm and stern. "Don't look up, Five. I swear to God, if you lift your head up even a centimeter, I will kick your head and poke your eyes," she said, her voice ringing with an unspoken threat.

Five, dressed in his crisp schoolboy uniform, seemed unfazed. "Jesus! Can we just get the job done?" he asked, his tone hinting at his growing frustration. "Besides, you're wearing cycling shorts, right?"

Y/N nodded, her cheeks flushing pink. "Yeah, they're not really short, but, yeah," she said, the sound of her laughter ringing out.

"Good. There are a lot of creeps in this city," Five commented, his voice carrying a hint of protectiveness that caught Y/N by surprise.

Meanwhile, Klaus was rummaging through a dumpster nearby, grumbling to himself. "Where's dad's stuff?" he muttered, his frustration mounting. "Shut up! I'm trying to find whatever priceless crap was in that priceless box so that Pogo will get off my ass!" he shouted, his voice echoing through the alleyway. Five and Y/N heard him.

However, Five just shrugged it off, his eyes meeting Y/N's. "I'd ask what you're up to, Klaus, but then it occurred to me... I don't care," he said, his tone nonchalant as he turned his gaze towards Klaus.

Callisto laughed. "Hey!" Klaus greeted. "You know there are easier ways out of the house, buddy?"

"This one involved the least amount of talking, or so I thought," Five answered, his hand extending to take Y/N's, his movements elegant and refined as he helped her down from the fire escape.

"Hey, hey, hey. So, you need any more company today? I could uh... clear my schedule, or do you two need some alone time for a date?" Klaus asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm. Y/N scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"No way in hell I'd agree to go on a date with him," she said, her tone firm and unyielding. "Plus, we're on a mission," she added, her gaze sweeping across the scene. Five looked at her with an unreadable expression, his eyes filled with a mysterious spark. He then turned to Klaus, his eyes narrow. "And it looks like you've got your hands full," he said.

"Oh, this? No, no. I can do this whenever. I'm just," Klaus said, his words trailing off as he fell into the dumpster with a loud clatter, sending debris flying in every direction. "I just misplaced something. That's all. Oh! Found it! Thank god!" Klaus said, sighing in relief as he pulled himself out of the dumpster, a half-eaten donut in hand. Y/N and Five stood awkwardly, watching as Klaus took a big bite of the clearly rotten pastry. "Delicious!" he said, a broad grin spreading across his face.