ZERO 」PROLOGUE

1.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

this chapter has been edited.

storyline  and dialogues might
have been    altered as noticed
by the lovely people rereading
this work.  comments on sides
of  the paragraphs  are  moved
to   the  comment  box  by   de -
fault.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀FICTION. according to everyone in the world y/n has been living her life in, the word simply meant unreal, concocted, only existing in the written pages of a book, a creative product of an author's mind — simply imaginary, ideal, and things that people watch in a screen but can never expect to happen.

⠀⠀⠀⠀although, for the girl, she defined fiction as something that is hidden from the world of reality. she believed it's a world of possibility that will soon reveal itself to the face of the impossible.

⠀⠀⠀⠀y/n sighed as she closed the book she's read for hours. her eyelids were anvils as if they'll fall to the floor any time soon.

⠀⠀⠀⠀placing the leather covered object of pages on the nightstand next to her bed, she settled herself to a comfortable position ready to embrace the cloud of slumber.

⠀⠀⠀⠀'feels like forever since i felt this tired.'

⠀⠀⠀⠀not even a minute later, her phone began to ring. the girl groaned and sat up, annoyed by the sudden call. she grabbed the noisy midget and answered whoever dared to intrude her peaceful state.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"i just love how you called me at two in the goddamn morning," she said. y/n was expecting an apology or even a laugh but all expectations were lost when she heard a trembling voice and faint sounds of her mother's frightened cries.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"y/n! oh, thank god you picked up! i need you here at the hospital now. something happened to, sib/n!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀her breath took a sudden pause.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"he was puking blood when i found him in his room. i don't know what's happened. i don't know if it's food poisoning or — i just don't know. he was shaking and his eyes were just — god, y/n! just please come here!" the girl ran her fingers through her hair in frustration.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"okay, i'll be right there. i'm sure the doctors are doing their best. they're going to take good care of him, okay? now, tell me the name of the hospital and i'll be there"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"❨ insert the name of the hospital ❩, just a few blocks away from the apartment we're living in. hurry!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"i'm heading to the door now, mom! calm down and call dad. he deserves to know. pretty sure he'll come flying back here after he hears what happened."

⠀⠀⠀⠀she heard her mother mumble 'okay' all over again with a dry and raspy voice.

⠀⠀⠀⠀with that, y/n hung up and quickly ran to her closet to wear a jacket. she put on her shoes, her heart beating fast in her chest.

⠀⠀⠀⠀the news isn't processing in her head by being so overwhelmed.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"this is not how i expected my 18th birthday to be like," she mumbled as she grabbed her keys and walked out of her apartment.

༉‧₊˚.

⠀⠀⠀⠀y/n drove as fast as she could, trying her best to stay awake and composed.

⠀⠀⠀⠀her phone was ringing once again. looking around, trying to find it, it ended up being under the next seat. y/n isn't too dumb enough to reach for it.

⠀⠀⠀⠀'i'd fucking die in a minute if i did that.'

⠀⠀⠀⠀her mother's words began repeating inside her head, making her shiver and tremble in fear.

⠀⠀⠀⠀'no, no, no. not now.' the girl thought as her eyes started to water, making her sight all blurry. the blasted phone was ringing again and she couldn't take it anymore. her hands shook wildly as the ringing object pounded on her eardrums. and oh, would you look at that? it was being accompanied by the memory of the cries that sent horrific shivers down her spine.

⠀⠀⠀⠀the rain started pouring, adding an additional problem to her view of the road.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"what the hell is wrong with this goddamn weather?!" she shouted and hit the steering wheel as hard as she could.

⠀⠀⠀⠀too focused on the distracting sounds and thoughts inside her head, she didn't notice another car was heading her way.

⠀⠀⠀⠀it all happened so fast that she couldn't explain how exactly or what.

⠀⠀⠀⠀but the only thing she knows now is that, she's trying her best to keep herself awake. parts of her body were covered with cuts and fresh blood dripping down like a lively rivulet.

⠀⠀⠀⠀no matter how hard she tried to stay conscious, it was no use. and soon enough, she gave in to the world of darkness.

⠀⠀⠀⠀what a birthday it was.

⠀⠀⠀⠀'at least i won't embarrass myself by having a meltdown at the hospital.'

༉‧₊˚.

waking up in a warm bed with the sun peeking through the window isn't what y/n or anyone at all had expected. she stirred and slowly opened her eyes, stretching.

⠀⠀⠀⠀the first things she saw were posters on the cream coloured wall, an expensive-looking vanity that could probably pay her rent in one go and, people — even a chimpanzee staring at her face as she was finally awoke.

⠀⠀⠀⠀'people. chimpanzee. staring.'

⠀⠀⠀⠀the girl quickly sat up and pulled the blanket closer to her body like a shield as if it would protect her from the strangers who only watched with blank expressions.

⠀⠀⠀⠀'this isn't my room. i don't know these people,' she thought. then, she remembered what happened. 'i'm supposed to be dead or in a hospital right now — and what in the world? Why do i feel so . . . little?' she looked at her hands and almost fell back to the state of unconsciousness at the sight.

⠀⠀⠀⠀'how am i a kid again?!' y/n lifted her head to take a glimpse of the people surrounding her.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"good, you're finally awake. i was starting to doubt you would." an old man wearing a monocle said with a scrutinised look.

⠀⠀⠀⠀he looked familiar to her, though she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"what sir reginald meant is that we're glad you regained your consciousness." the ape stated and turned to the man, "now, i do believe that introductions are in order. i am pogo, the assistant of sir reginald hargreeves of the umbrella academy. this here is grace, a mother of seven. what's your name, young lady?" he asked referring to her.

⠀⠀⠀⠀the girl looked at all of them cautiously, examining their faces. then, all of a sudden, the wind of familiarity suddenly hit her. when it did, y/n thought she couldn't widen her eyes any more than she had.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"holy shit!"

FICTITIOUS WORLD || FIVE HARGREEVES [1 | DRAFTED AND EDITING ]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें