SIX 」PAST AND THE PREVIOUS

7.

2OO2

GRACE RANG THE bell calling everyone for breakfast. Not even a minute passed, she can already hear the loud, rushing footsteps of the children descending down the stairs to go to the dining room.

Everyone stood behind their chairs as they waited for Sir Reginald Hargreeves who walked in, wearing the same monocle and the same scowl. He walked towards his seat and watched the children who were ready for his instructions like usual.

"Sit," he ordered. Everyone pulled their chairs and took a seat. While they all started to eat their meals, Luther stared at Allison who tried her best to hide her smile by lowering her head and distracting herself with the food set in front of her.

Diego used his knife to carve something on his wooden seat, Klaus quietly rolled and made a cigarette, Ben was reading a book, Five was looking at everyone, biding the right time to speak up about his plan, and Vanya silently ate. Y/N stole glances at the boy and slightly smiled.

She watched as his hand lingered on the knife next to his plate. Y/N rolled her eyes. 'This is it,' she thought. The girl didn't plan to stop him. If she did and it worked, there's no telling what would happen to them all in that God forsaken universe. She wanted to save them all and not let the apocalypse happen, but this is the Umbrella Academy, the universe here was fragile. One wrong move, and it's the same apocalypse again and again.

Pulled out from dwelling in her thoughts, she jumped slightly from her chair once Five took the moment to thrust his knife on the wooden table, making everyone else stop their own doings to look at him.

"Number Five!" Reginald said with a hint of warning in his voice. "I have a question," the boy said and smiled.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during meal times. You are interrupting Herr Carlson." the old man said, raising his knife.

"I want to time travel." Five stubbornly said. At his peripheral view, he could see Callisto plant her face in her palm. He shouldn't care what she thought, but there was something that sparked in him to prove himself to her. That he was admirable and intellectual, gifted at his ability.

"No," his father simply replied.

"But I'm ready. I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said," he argued, standing up from his seat and spatial jumping between his father and Y/N. "See?" he persisted as if it proved all that was there, needed to be learned.

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One, is like sliding along the ice. The other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the free- sing water and reappearing as an acorn." Sir Hargreeves explained further as he took a sip from his glass chalice that reflected the bending light from the pouring sunlight through the window.

"Well, I don't get it," the boy stated.

Y/N hummed in response. "Maybe that's why you should get back to your seat, Five." She earned a glare from him and a pair of narrowed eyes.

"And hence the reason you're not ready," the old man added. Callisto spotted Vanya shaking her head 'no' to Five who ignored it out of selfish reasons.

"I'm not afraid."