TWELVE 」LOOKING FOR YOU

13.

DIEGO AND LUTHER settled both Y/N and Five on Diego's bed in the boiler room. Number One watched the boy and the girl next to him sleep. "Funny. If I didn't know he was such a prick, I'd say he looks almost adorable in his sleep," Diego said, referring to Five.

"Well, don't worry. They'll sober up eventually," Luther replied. "Be back to their normal, unpleasant self."

"Yeah. I can't wait that long. I need to find out what his connection is with these lunatics before someone else dies."

Suddenly, Callisto moved and kicked her shoe off her foot. Then, she used her hands to take the other one off. Without thinking, she moved over, causing a movement that made Five moan as he stirred in his sleep. The boy wrapped an arm around her waist, using what was left of his exhausted energy to pull her back on the bed placed beside his spot.

The girl whined and slapped his hand away, but Five only babbled something she couldn't understand. He held her tighter and went back to sleep. The drowsiness took the best of her, taking note of it as she closed her eyes and let the arms of slumber embrace her.

"You still believe they're not dating?" Diego commented. Luther ignored his questions as he trailed back to what had been said in the alley before.

"All that stuff he was saying before . . . " he trailed. Suddenly, footsteps were heard. They brushed it off, dismissing it for someone walking past the boiler room, and assessing, "What do you think he meant by that?"

"Not just his. Callisto's too. The other world? Does that mean we're — "

Diego pulled his knife out and cautiously walked up to the stairs once the sound of footsteps became more intentional in its impression. The door swung open with the help of his hand's force. Once he was ready to throw his weapon, an old man he recognised to be Al, stated something for defense. "You throw another one of those goddamn knives at me, I'm pressin' charges!"

"What do you want, Al?" Number Two defeatedly questioned, slightly annoyed by the comment.

"I ain't your secretary." Al defensively replied again.

"Yeah." Diego nonchalantly responded.

"Some lady called for you. Said she needs your help." That's when his attention was caught.

"What lady?"

"I don't know. Some, uh, detective. I think she said her name was, uh, Blotch or somethin'."

"Patch?" Diego asked. Al shrugged. "She needs my help."

"She needs you to meet her at that motel, a dump on Calhoun." — "When?" — "About half an hour ago. Uh, said she found your brother."

Diego turned his gaze to Five and Callisto who both slept peacefully tangled in each other's drunken clutch as Al left the room. "Well, that didn't make sense." They both looked at each other. "Klaus."

"Go. I'll wait here with . . . them," Luther sighed. Y/N turned and nestled closer to Five, resting her head under his chin.

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️