21: Cat Fight Turns Ugly

James was strong willed to unravel his magic box of twisted dreams until Lizzy would accept his marriage proposal. The slower the better.

After I was enlightened with this heart throbbing news, in the first stage my head was adopted to visualise a scenario of Mr and Mrs Black. James would always wear a charming smile at all places. His zeal to turn over a new leaf was broke all the records. Nervousness and anxiety were shrouded and masked under the big rock of happiness. However, the projected fright of rejection on his face was detectable.

As much as I enjoyed watching that biggest smile on his face, I condemned the idea to question his choice. My scepticism would be entertained. When James trusted me enough to call me as his best friend, I should be a staunch friend. James's happiness was my happiness. My perception regarding a recondite subject was outcast.

The second stage was to build a stronger version of myself to be able to recede. Certainly, my effort should be to support fount of his exuberance instead of causing an interruption in their love story. Love is love! You can't buy it. You have to earn this treasure.

An undeniable truth was: James was my obsession, my weakness and my strength. These emotions did not matter now. Firstly, I was a married woman until the judicial separation gets processed. It was a sin to cherish special feelings for another gent. when confided in a matrimonial relationship.

Secondly, our frame of emotions varied. Most certainly, I was entangled in a case of one-sided likeness (it was not a fervent love I suppose). This arousal of special fondness would outstrip quicker, and evaporate expeditiously leaving behind plethora moisture to ensure my sustainability.

The third stage was to grant priority to my writing career. The deadline for the contest would not wait for me so I needed to work faster and harder. An average count of 2,300 words was predetermined per day.

"Faster Faster!" I babbled, increasing my typing speed.

"Yeah, honey, you can be my undercover agent - so long as you're a gent under the covers. There's so much more fun to be had that way." She said with a wink, unable to resist the urge to mess with him a little.

"End of the chapter." I blew out an intoxicating smoking huff with a sweet sense of solace.

Toggling between teaching Kelly maths, caretaking her (occassionally only at the time of her grandpa's absence), and demonstrating my
culinary skills to prepare Mr Black's lunch box would drain all the energy out of my system. One employer, Mr Stellar paid me a good value (omitting my rent for living in the apartment from my salary). The value my generous employer would offer was high enough not to make any difference. My jobs were tiresome. Having to run after a child for hours was proved to be fatigue to my health.

My other employer was a pain in my ass. But never had I build the temerity to underestimate the power of his creative mindset. His ingenuity in organising pranks for me illimitable. However, I still loved him as a friend.

Today was as equally exhausting as the previous day. Evening was the best part of day to sit down to work on my project. The tranquility of the environment supported me to stay engrossed and engaged in my piece giving no room for distraction.

With a total of twenty-two chapters, my book "Dear Kitten" would be primed to compete with the other entries in the Talent Hunt contest.

"Here we go with another day." Grasping a red marker, I striked out 25th September from my almanac.

This was a measure which I implemented couple of days ago to keep a track of my progress. Each day a chapter was to be mailed to my editor for revision. The restoration of the emended version of my text would reside in my mailbox around 11 p.m. It was our quotidian routine. The next day I would stare at the highlighted mistakes for hours, pondering how could a person make so many common typos or syntax errors while typing in a digital platform.