Chapter 11 | Golden Week Training

Chapter 11 |

Word count: 6.6 k

🏐🏐THIRD PERSON P.O.V.🏐🏐

🏐🏐May 7th, 2012🏐🏐

Camp had been interesting so far. While there was no denying last night was chaotic, Chiaki had a feeling everyone had gotten a bit closer. But the teen had silently promised herself she wasn't going to go out of the building at night anymore. She didn't want to experience what she had last night anytime soon.

When Shimizu returned in the morning and found out what happened after she had left, the glasses female gently patted Chiaki on the head before ushering her to rest and said she would take care of most things.

So now, Chiaki sat at the gym corner with her medical kit, a textbook on her lap, reading ahead for class, and letting Shimizu do her managerly work. At first, she watched them all practice. But after seeing Ukai yell at them for the hundredth time, she lost interest, burying her nose in the knowledge of pages.

When she had just finished going through the fifth chapter from her textbook, Shimizu called out to her, the older girl quickly explaining that the boys would go out for road work. It was quickly decided then that Chiaki would be at the halfway point, waiting for them with energy drinks and her medical kit on her back just in case something happened.

Little did Chiaki know that the start of the road work for the Karasuno Boys' VBC had ended up being chaotic as Kageyama and Hinata fought with each other, speeding off before Daichi could stop them.

Neither boys wanted to lose to each other, running neck to neck, refusing to slow down, leaving the rest of the team gobsmacked, staring at their disappearing figures in disbelief before Daichi snapped out of it, ushering them to follow.

Chiaki released a loud yawn, the corner of her eyes tearing a bit as she smacked her lips

Chiaki released a loud yawn, the corner of her eyes tearing a bit as she smacked her lips. She currently leaned against the guardrail that separated the rice field to the dirt runway, the area lush green, filled with young sprouts. Silently, Chiaki wonders if by September, the green fields would turn to gold, the rice stalks ready to be harvested.

Lazily she scrolls through her phone, knowing that the boys would arrive anytime soon. So to pass the time, she checked her calendar and her schedule. A small pleasant hum leaves her mouth, her mood drastically getting better as she realized that Minato and her father would be back tomorrow afternoon. By the time the practice match with Nekoma ended, her whole family would be at their home, and with just that thought, it made Chiaki happy.

Chiaki briefly looked up, thinking she heard something. What she didn't expect was an orange-haired teen to run past her, her hair shifting a bit as his passing form caused a brief blow of wind. The silver-haired female blinked once, twice before pushing off the guardrail in alarm, realizing what just happened.