Chapter 8 | Forgiveness

Chapter 8

Word Count: 6.4 k

🏐🏐THIRD PERSON P.O.V.🏐🏐

Feeling herself getting pressed into the door, Chiaki remembered one of the big reasons she decided to go to Karasuno. Karasuno was close to her new home, and it was within walking distance. Seijoh, on the other hand, would have required her to either get a car ride from one of the twins or take the public train. And while Chiaki did think the train was extremely convenient, in the morning and afternoon, it was something she wanted to avoid at all costs.

"Shit, are you good?" Iwaizumi questioned, his eyebrows knitting together as another body shoved against his back, decreasing the distance between them.

Chiaki only released a weak laugh, her back pressed against the train's door, silently thankful, knowing it wouldn't open for the next two stops. Truthfully, she was grateful that Iwaizumi was with her, the male using his body as a bracket around her, making sure she wasn't completely crushed.

It was like those cliche manga or drama scenes where the two protagonists are squished against each other in a crowded place. Actually, it was precisely that. And the only difference was this wasn't fiction to either Chiaki or Iwaizumi.

Iwaizumi cursed under his breath as he's pushed once more, getting forced to keep balance by pressing his hand against the train door beside Chiaki's head. Looking up a bit, Chiaki blinks before a small giggle leaves her lips. The spiky-haired boy's cheeks are flushed a rose pink, Iwaizumi refusing to look at her.

"Hajime-senpai, you still get flustered so easily," Chiaki comments in amusement.

Instantly, Iwaizumi glares at her, his eyes narrowing on her in warning, which makes Chiaki squeak and laugh harder. Iwaizumi's eyes softened as he heard her laugh, the corner of his lips tugging up a bit into a faint smile.

The two teens breathe out in relief as they step out of the crowded train, inhaling fresh air not contaminated by the smell of strong perfume or sweat. Suddenly the weight of the situation is felt by them both as they silently walk down the neighborhood.

"H-How have you been?" Iwaizumi mentally curses himself for stuttering, awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

Chiaki hums, adjusting the strap of her bag on her shoulder. "Surviving, I guess. A lot of things in my life have changed in the last year," the silver-haired female admits, kicking a small pebble in her way.

"I can see that," the male comments, his hand reaching out and lightly tugging on her braid. "Look at you, you're a delinquent now. I saw those piercings too."

Chiaki released a giggle and pulled her hair out of Iwaizumi's hand and spun on her heel, facing him. "It's pretty, isn't it? Bet you didn't even recognize me," she cheekily grinned, squealing as she dodged his hand as he tried to grab her.