Trans

Ship: Moxiety(Platonic or Romantic, you choose Harper won't like it if you choose Moxiety, but I honestly don't care.)

TW: None that I can think of. Tell me if I need to put any here.

'America the Beautiful' beautiful my ass.

It's freezing outside, the grass is dead and full of weeds, the trees are turning brown and their hair loss is speeding up, there are no flowers, the sky is always cloudy, the air smells like rot because they cut the grass a few days ago, and classrooms are cold.

Third Person POV

A young college student came down the stairs. "Hey, Pat?"

"Yes, kiddo?" Her father-like friend asked.

"Umm, how did you know you were trans?" The girl asked.

Patton's turned to look at her, "Why do you want to know?"

"Oh, umm, well, my friend was feeling a little uncomfortable in their body, and since you, well, you know a lot about it, you could maybe help me explain it to them?"

Patton knew what was really going on, but wanted Vivian to feel comfortable telling him. So he told Viv about his experiences about finding out about how he was trans.

(I don't know what being trans is like, I think I'm pangender, so I'm pretty comfortable with my body. I just want to eat cookies and read books.)

After about an hour of talking, Viv said she was tired so she headed to bed.

But instead of going to sleep, he stayed up researching how to properly bind and practicing it.

Every time he looked in the mirror to check his work, he felt a little less insecure about his body.

He was looking less like Vivian more like himself.

As soon as he got the binding just right, he looked up to find his hair a little longer than he wanted it. He got it cut a little shorter a few days ago, but he still looked like a girl.

He grabbed a pair of scissors from the drawer and brought it up to his hair.

But if he got to cut it any shorter, his parents would find out.

He set the scissors down.

Maybe another day.

The next night, after taking off the bandages he had wrapped around his chest, he looked back at the scissors, reaching his hand out to grab them.

His parents wouldn't accept him, but he could ask to stay with Patton, but he still hadn't come out to him yet, and his parents might not want him there.

He let go of the scissors a second time.

He couldn't do it yet.

After a week of trying and failing to build up enough courage to cut his hair, he grabbed his scissors once again.

He had no reason to stop.

But he couldn't go back now.

He cut off the first lock.

Then the second.

Then the third.

Then the rest of them. Cutting each off, one by one.

It felt so good as each bit of hair fell from his hands.

He made it a little more even, then stepped back from the mirror to admire his handiwork.

It wasn't very good-looking, but a single tear slid down his face as he realized how much better this was then having long, wavy locks that would get tangled so quickly when left down.

He heard a knock on the door of his bedroom, "Kiddo. You need to get some rest."

But when he opened the door to see the young man staring at himself in the mirror, shirtless with some sort of makeshift binder across his chest, and with short hair, he stopped.

"Hey, kiddo." He said to the slightly younger adult in a soft voice.

Viv turned to him, "Hey Pat." he said softly.

"Vivian, are you trans?"

"I'm sorry Pat." He burst into tears.

"No kiddo. Don't be sorry." Patton enveloped the smaller individual with a hug, "Have you picked a name yet?"

Viv shook his head.

"Okay, kiddo. We can try finding it later, but for now, you need to take that off and sleep."

Viv nodded and yawned. He then took off his binding, got a shirt on, and lay down on his bed, almost immediately falling asleep.

"Goodnight Kiddo," Patton whispered, kissing his friend's forehead.

The next day,

"Kiddo! Come down for breakfast! I'm taking you somewhere today!"

"Coming Dad! I mean-Pat!"

When he came downstairs he saw Patton with a wide smile across his face.

He tried to escape. He really did, but nobody can escape Patton's arms when he gets called Dad.

"Pat!" He gasped. "You're suffocating me."

"Sorry kiddo," He giggled as he pulled away, "Come eat breakfast, we have a long day ahead of us."

Breakfast was waffles. (I want waffles right now, don't judge.) They were delicious.

"Come on kiddo! I wanna get going!" Patton shouted up the stairs.

Viv walked down the stairs, "Okay, okay, I'm coming. I was just touching up my eyeshadow." he said as he walked towards where Patton was at the entrance of the apartment.

"Come on. I'm taking you to the salon down the street to fix your hair cut, go to the pride shop next street over to get some binders and trans tape, and go to the clothing store to get you some new clothes. Okay?"

"You-you're going to do that for me?"

"Of course. I want my best friend to feel comfortable with how he looks."

"P-pat. Y-you don't have to do all that for me."

"Well, who else is going to?"

Viv wrapped Patton in a giant hug, "Thank you."

"Okay, kiddo."

"Virgil."

"Hmm?"

Virgil took his head from Patton's shoulder, wiping happy tears from his eyes, "It's Virgil."

Patton rolled the name on his tongue, "Okay, ki-Virgil. I like that name. It fits."

"Now come on Virgil, let's go fix your hair." He extended his hand toward the smaller individual.

Virgil gladly accepted his hand and they walked out the door, towards the entrance of the apartment building, towards the start of him becoming the man he was meant to be.

Song of the day: Boys will be Bugs (Cavetown)

This song makes me feel a little less dysphoric. I don't know why, so don't ask.