04

By the time Louis had sent the first text, Harry was out of the shower and in the kitchen starting dinner for when his boyfriend came home. He knew that Louis'd seemed off, he just has no idea how much.

To Harry: I'm breaking up with you.

When he read it there was absolutely no way. But then there was, and then that was it. 

Out of everything, he had never dreamed that a text conversation would be their way to go. Their detrimental finale to finish the last four years off. So he did the only thing he knew how to, he ran. Finishing off his dinner, he got up and packed his bag. He thought about what he could've done better. Would've, could've, should've. This was the kind of stuff that makes you reevaluate your entire relationship. Louis broke up with him and there was no way to fix it.

//

"Come on we have songwriting to do" says Simon.

After an unsuccessful hour long songwriting session,  where his only thoughts were ones filled with Harry, Louis was free to go and enjoy his newfound Harry-less life.

With it now raining, as if our glorious world was crying with him, thick, heavy raindrops falling  down and making soft sounds when hitting the floor, Louis walked to his car and drove home only so he can get there and not see his love.

Naming all the things that Louis loved about Harry would fill up libraries and take eternities. 

Harry, with his magnificent dimples that were boyishly intriguing, to his rural eyes that were large and dreamy. Every morning Louis would wake up to a beautiful face and a sweet whisper of "I love you". Only for that to end, crash and burn, making them both as blue as his eyes. He couldn't have him anymore, and with Harry, all those wonderful qualities leave. What do you make of a man, when his feeling are stripped from his sleeve?

Louis got home, and it should've be no surprise that all he saw was it being empty. Everything making it home seemed to be gone. How Harry had made dinner, probably with the idea that Louis would get back from running errands and they'd sit down at the table, to how they were both convinced that when they woke up that morning, they would fall asleep together at night. Because a conscious thought in your mind is certainly not that you'd have to fight for your relationship at every waking moment. But Louis should've known. 

When he got to their room he saw it was a clean that it had never been before. Totally wiped of anything belonging to Harry. It was what was on the bed that nearly drove him to tears. A single item no bigger than a book. The once cherished picture frame. The first item that had gone on the walls of their brand new home all those years ago.

But worst of all, he saw the promise ring he gave to Harry when they had admitted their love for one another. And along with the ring was a note. With tears streaming down his face and his chest heaving with out of breath sobs he read it.

Thought you might want this back
-H

He didn't want it back. It's crazy how you can miss someone so much after not even being away from them for so long. With Harry, Louis really did have no control. But thats okay because Harry had so much power over him and he knew that. He hoped he knew that. 

He hoped that Harry was aware of the placeless ability he had over Louis, that would drive him to do anything and everything. That way maybe he could figure out that what he did could not have been easy. 

___________________________________________________

K love you bye

-J