Prologue: 01

*flashback to 2015*

"So this is it? This is the end? After this it's over?" Harry stuttered, he always did when he felt like he was under a lot of pressure. And he was. He knew that the band wasn't getting back together, but the fans didn't. They would for sure ask him questions about the reunion during his interviews  and when they did, he wouldn't have the boys there to answer the questions he wasn't comfortable answering.

"Not the end, just the beginning of a new chapter in each of our lives" Liam reassured him.

"One good thing coming out of this is that we won't have Liam to listen to anymore" Louis said sarcastically as he walked into the room, they were about to go on stage and perform their last song together, History. "And it may be the end of the band but it's not the end of us Haz, right?" Louis said with a soft smile and pressing a soft kiss to Harry's neck. He knew that Harry loved those, and he couldn't quite reach Harry's lips without Harry crouching down or him standing on the tips of his toes, so really it was a win-win situation.

Harry's mood immediately changed. Louis was the only one who could do that, and thats how he knew they we perfect for each other and they would never, ever grow apart. But instead grow old with one another.

"Awh, you guys are too cute" Liam teased "Come on, we're on next"

//

While the rest of the boys were skipping into the direction of their futures, Louis stood back, hesitant. 

Coming off the high with the band and into the unknown, all alone was scary. He knew the others would have amazing careers, but he couldn't see that for himself. It probably wasn't as obvious as it was true, but he needed his boys. And back when they were little ol' newbies it wasn't so hard to admit, to himself or anyone else.

All that was on his mind was Harry. Harry who, just like the others, needed a break. There was never a secret on whether he'd succeed on his own. It was always whether he'd forget the boys who helped him rise and how fast he'd be to it.

But you know he never would.

While the rest of the world was busy too baiting him as a crazy, woman-obsessed fiend, Harry was busy being the charming, spectacular, outstanding friend, brother, son, boyfriend...

 Louis was sure he'd never let him go.

But that isn't to say the outstanding man wasn't nervous himself. What had once been a creative outlet, just wasn't working for him anymore. A controlling environment is never one that a person can thrive in, at least not forever. When it wasn't their 'on-it' management pacifying and putting him down, it was the way of his brain. 

Putting yourself first should never feel like a crime, but it does.

//

You and me got a whole lot of history
So don't let it go we can make some more
We can live forever
So don't let me go
So don't let me go we can live forever
Baby don't you know
Baby don't you know
We can live forever

And that was the end. Just like that One Direction was over, and on to the next.
The boys each got in separate cars except for Harry and Louis, they rode together.
"Ready boys?" Niall said from his car, tears in his eyes but still smiling, they couldn't help but cry.

"READY!" Harry, Louis, and Liam all confirmed and they raced out of the parking lot to start their new life. Like children obviously. 

//

2 months after the last show

"Harry I need help with the washer! Can you come? Pleeease?" Louis called. He still couldn't figure out how to work the fancy new laundry machines in their house. There was no need when Harry always did it. But he was taking so long in the shower that Louis decided that it couldn't hurt to try. He needed clean trousers and he wasn't going to wait for Harry.

Just at he was about to start he felt his phone buzz. A lovely call from Simon. He declined it at first but then got ambushed by many more calls.

"Hello?" he said when he picked up the phone.

"Good morning, Tomlinson" said Simon warningly, to which Louis rolled his eyes.

"Morning". Louis breathed out.

"Listen, it's time we discuss the contract you signed three months ago," said Simon.

He hated to admit it but it was true. He signed another contract with Syco Music. Right as they'd all discussed disbanding he panicked, and he didn't think he would make it on his own so, he thought at least one familiar face in the industry would be helpful. Considering he and Harry weren't allowed contact in the public eye. Only problem standing out amongst the many others is that he hadn't told him. Could you blame to him? How was he supposed to tell his boyfriend that after years of waiting for the contract that kept them apart publicly, that he went ahead and signed another one.

"Come to the studio, I want to have a talk with you" said Simon over the phone.

And there was absolutely no getting out of a meeting with Simon. You could avoid it, reschedule, and make up as many excuses you wanted but when it was time, it was time. Simon always got what he wanted with little to no regard for the people he hurt in the process. It was inevitable. And it was much better for Louis to just agree, then to put it off, only for the time to come, and get something worse than the initial. 

"Ok, I'll be there" said Louis, he really didn't want to go, but he did anyway "Love, I'll be back, I'm going out for just a bit" Louis called out to Harry and just like that he was out the door.

___________________________________

This is sorta like a prologue so yeah, but I really hope you enjoy what you read next!!

All the love and so much more,
-J