Chapter 4: Instagram

Start from the beginning

I found his account and luckily for me, it was public. I started to do some snooping and eagerly looked through all his photos, with hopes to find out more about the mysterious guy.

His Instagram profile was mainly made up of pictures of places he had been with him standing in the shot, a few of just him.

I randomly clicked on one of them.

It was one of those posts with multiple photos and I was surprised when I scrolled onto the second picture. It was him standing in the mirror, his white shirt open all the way, showcasing his abs, black sweatpants on his lower half. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to say that he is undeniably attractive.

I sat there for longer than I would like to admit just staring at his abs when I made the mistake of going into the comment section. The sight of all the desperate women commenting some rather disturbing stuff made me want to throw up. I hastily clicked off the horrendous comments and returned to his profile, scrolling through all 194 of his posts.

I opened another of his posts.

He was standing in front of a large water fountain looking down at his phone with his left hand in his pocket. His hair falling just over his eyes and I can imagine he moved it after the photo had been taken.

I slid the post so I could see the next picture and something about that picture in particular made me feel something. It was Jace standing in the same position as before but this time, he was looking at the person behind the camera, his whole face lit up. He must have been laughing about something the person taking the picture had said as a wide smile took over his face.

I sat there swiping between both pictures when I accidentally liked the post.

"Shit. He wouldn't have noticed that since he has over 20K followers," I tried to reassure myself. I decided to follow him since I had already blown my cover.

Within seconds of following him, I got a request back. My account was private. I only have people I know and trust on there. I accepted the request when I heard the front door close. Syd was home!

I ran downstairs and I was greeted with a smile from Syd.

"You ready to go?" I asked her, grabbing my keys.

"Yup. Let's go and get something that makes the guys fall at our feet."

We jumped in the car and drove to the closest mall.

-

"What about this one?" Syd asked, walking out of the fitting room with the 5th dress on. She looked amazing in it. It was a sleek matte black dress that had a slight deep-cut neckline supported by two thin straps. Fitting loosely but complimenting her amazing figure at the same time.

"You look amazing. Get that one."

"Bitch I always look amazing." She playfully winked at me before she closed the curtain and changed back into her original clothes.

I tried on a few dresses before trying on a royal blue, velvet dress. With two thin straps and a tight fit, it hugged all the right places making my confidence rise.

"This is the one," I said, walking out showing Syd. Her eyes widened a fraction before she said, "Holy shit you look amazing! My best friend is such a bad bitch."

We bought the two dresses and went home to get ready.

-

I parted my hair down the middle, scraping it back into a low ponytail with my curls loose sitting at the back of my neck. I sat down next to Sydney at her giant lit vanity table. She finished off her makeup whilst I applied a little of my own. Hers was a dark smoky eye and nude lip matching with her dress. I carefully placed false lashes on top on my real lashes, desperately trying not to poke myself in the eye. I lightly filled in my eyebrows and applied some blush, highlighter, mascara and a little bronzer.

We both drowned ourselves in perfume before getting picked up by our friends Calla and Lucas. Lucas had offered to drive as he gave up drinking a few years ago.

We met them both on one of those occasions when all responsibility and sensibility left Sydney's head because she was under the influence of an extreme amount of alcohol. They were sitting in a booth at a club and Sydney went over there and we all just immediately clicked. I have always said the Lucas has a crush on Syd and I honestly ship it, but she always denies it.

Syd and I climbed into the back seat of Lucas' new car when Calla turned around in the passenger seat to face us.

"Hey guys! You both look soo good. So, y'all ready to party?" Calla practically shouted.

I heard Lucas quietly laugh whilst getting in the driver's seat. "Fuck yeah!" Syd shouted back.

I sat there and observed as Lucas and Syd constantly flirted with one another. I looked at Calla, she was watching too. I lightly kicked Calla's ankle to get her attention. She looked at me and raised her eyebrows at me while nodding her head in their direction. I slowly nodded my head back, confirming that they are both indeed flirting.

Calla and I both sat back and watched the two love birds for 10 minutes straight before we couldn't take it anymore and both burst out laughing.

Lucas stopped at a red light as the pair of them turned to look at us, the confusion printed all over their faces made it one hundred times funnier/

"What's so funny?" Lucas innocently asked, looking at Calla and I through the rear-view mirror.

"Nothing.," I said in between laughs. I glanced at Calla and saw her sniggering, making me laugh even harder. Someone from the outside of the car would have the impression that me and Calla were already drunk because of how hard we were laughing.

"Have you two been drinking?" I heard Sydney question.

We both shook our heads in response.

"You sure?" She asked again.

"Uh hm. 100 percent," Calla replied calming herself down.

Sydney's scrutinising eyes flicked between me and then Calla, "You two are fucking weird."

The rest of the car ride consisted of Lucas and Sydney flirting, Calla telling us terrible jokes and all four of us singing awfully along to songs.

*

The club is coming up next and something might happen ;)

Don't forget to vote, comment and share

Thank you for reading!