Around a month after Miracle Queen, the class was divided and was going to Metropolis and Gotham for a month, their first night in Metropolis they went to a rustic restaurant that had a karaoke machine. Alya and the rest of the LPS (Lila Protection Squad as they call themselves but really it was the SBCG which stands for Single Brain Celled Group) forced Marinette to sing thinking she'd make a fool of herself.

On this same night, at this same place, Jon and the crazy Waynes were trying to convince Damian to sing but he left immediately. If only he had stayed, then the twins might have been reunited, but instead, Jon was the one that decided to try out the karaoke machine and ending up bumping into a certain Bluenette.
"Oh, sorry I'm such a klutz, do you want to use the karaoke machine first?" Marinette rambled and helped Jon up after crashing into him.

"No it's fine you can go first." Jon beamed after dusting himself off,

"No, I insist. I'm doing this because my classmates pressured me to." Marinette remarked with a smile, Jon than heard her French accent that he found very cute.

"How about we do one together?" Jon suggested wanting to get to know this girl for some reason,

"Okay... oh my god I forgot to ask what your name is! Or introduce myself!" Marinette squeaked, "I'm Marinette, my class got a trip to Metropolis and decided to come here."

"Nice to meet you Marinette, I'm Jon. I came here with my friend who was dragged out here by his brothers." Jon chirped, then the sky crashed into the ocean as Marinette and Jon actually looked at each other for the first time.

They broke gaze after a few seconds and randomly choose the song ocean eyes by Billie Eilish, they walked onto the stage and shocked Marinettes class.

"Damn, you have an amazing voice Bluebell," Jon whispers as the start going off the stage,

"Bluebell?" Marinette questions,

"Well, we just sang a song about eyes and I think it's wrong, after all..." he turns to face her, "You have Bluebell eyes, beautiful Bluebell eyes that tell a story I'd like to hear sometime." He smiles softly.

"I'd like that." Marinette whispers and secretly takes his phone. "Here's my phone, put your number in,"

"Ok, here's my- wait wheres my..." He took Marinettes phone and realized he didn't have his phone.

"Here's your phone Sunshine," Marinette giggles and tosses him his phone, "You done with mine?"

"Yeah, here is your phone Blue- you put your contact name as Devil (and in parentheses Bluebell eyes)?"

"Yep, everyone called my twin a Demon and me an Angel, but I'm not exactly an Angel, more like a little Devil in disguise..." Marinette moved right to his face, "Meet me at the front of the Daily Planet at 9 o'clock if you want to hang out with me during my classes tour, 10 if you just want to meet up later." and kissed his cheek shocking Jon and left to go to a squealing Chloe, smirking Adrien, and motherly smiling Kagami.

When Jason and Selina finally dragged Damian back into the restaurant Marinette and her class had left and Jon was still in a stupor,

"Why do you look like that Kent?"

"I think I found myself an amazing cute Little Devil..." Jon murmured back.

The next day Jon joined Marinette in the tour until halfway through where he spent the other half doing some paperwork as he is an intern at the Daily Planet. When the tour was done they met up at the lobby and went around Metropolis for a while until Superboy was needed. When Marinette saw a poster of Superboy she started analyzing it while keeping Jon's face in mind and mumbled "Well I'll be damned... Guess I have to get rid of my kryptonite stash."