Chapter 22.

Ayushi's POV-

"What else?" He asked, playing with my hair with one hand, while the other one held mine.

Zeehan was sitting against the tree, while I layed my head on his  lap, talking about what I want to do before I die.

"I want to go on my first date before I die."

Zeehan looked at me; surprised.

"You've never been on a date?"

"Never." I chuckled.

"Well, if we consider this to be a date, then I have, but I don't want to consider this as a date because you haven't asked me out on a date." I told him.

He chuckled, before saying, "Ayushi, would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow?"

"I would love to." I smiled at him.

"Any specific ideal first date?" He questioned.

"Not really, but then please don't make it very fancy and all, okay?"

"Okay, ma'am. Anything else?"

"Nah, that's it." I chuckled.

"Zeehan." I whispered, when silence enveloped us for a really long time.

"Yeah, Ayushi?"

"Why me?" I questioned.

He smiled but said nothing.

"Tell me! I want to know." I whined.

"Okay, okay." He chuckled.

"I guess, I love you because you're not the person I ever imagined falling in love with." He stated.

"Well, was that supposed to be offensive?" I asked, giggling at what he said.

"No, duffer." He laughed.

"You have an adorable laugh." I smiled.

And! Zeehan Malhotra blushed.

Honestly, it's nice to know that I can make him blush, and the fact that he does not even hide it makes it even better.

Boys who show you who they really are, are much better than boys who hide their true selves.

"Anyway!" He started.

"I guess, I love you because you taught me that the person you're meant to fall in love with is sometimes the last person you ever imagine you'd end up with. I guess, I love you  because you taught me that, it's true, you're not the person I thought I wanted, or maybe the person I would've chosen first, but I love you because with you I'm the person I'd never show the world I am." He told me.

A huge grin formed on my face.

He smiled down at me before kissing my forehead.

"Zee." I mumbled.

"Hmm?"

"You do realise you'll be heartbroken when I'm gone, right?"

"Ayushi." He sighed.

"Love isn't always perfect. It isn't a fairytale or a storybook. And it doesn't always come easy. Love is overcoming obstacles, facing challenges, fighting to be together, holding on and never letting go. It's a short word, easy to spell, difficult to define, and impossible to live without. Love is work, but most importantly, love is realising that every hour, every minute and every second was worth it because you did it together." He said.

And, that was beautiful.

The way he explained how it really is and would be difficult for him after I pass away, but still wants to be with me till my last breath, because it's all worth it, did make me feel special.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"For?" He asked, chuckling.

"For making me feel special, for making me feel that I'm worth it, for making me feel that what we have is worth it."

He intertwined our fingers, before bringing it to his lips and kissing them.

"You know, I want to give you something." I told him.

"Your heart?" He laughed.

"Clichè." I said, rolling my eyes.

"But, on a serious note. Here." I said, sitting straight, before taking off my ring and handing it to him.

"Well, till you don't find another girl, I want you to keep it with you." I told him.

"It's like a memory. Also, it's something like, I'll always be with you no matter what." I added.

"I'll keep this safe." He said, smiling at me.

He took off his chain from around his neck, put my ring through it, before wearing it again.

His phone rang all of a sudden.

"Yeah, dad?"

"I'm with Ayushi." He said, looking at me.

"Okay, will do." He smiled, looking down at his lap.

"Yeah, cool, you too. Bye."

"What's up?" I asked, once he hung up.

"Want to come home?" He questioned.

"For what?" I chuckled.

"Well, it's almost 9:30 p.m., so, dinner maybe, and yeah, you could sleep over." He shrugged.

"In your room?" I asked, jokingly, before winking at him.

"If that's what you want, then yeah." He smirked, playing along.

I laughed, shaking my head at him, before standing up and pulling him on to his feet.

"Ayushi." He called me out.

I turned to look at him as he said the next sentence.

"Remember that I'll always love you."