EPILOGUE

"Why do I need to be here? Hindi naman ako sa financial department, I'm in marketing!"

"You are a member of the board, sir. And this concerns the company! Nagcollapse ang isa sa mga pinapatay—"

"Is that concerns me too? Blame the Engineering Department sa kapabayaan nila at hindi ako or kami, right?" he said, trying to persuade other members of the board. I saw them nodding silently and my secretary still standing next to me, maybe waiting what will I do for this meeting. I remained silent and just tapping my fingers in the arm chair.

Boring. I'm so bored.

"Look, Gerald, I'm a busy person. I have so many things to d—" but I've had enough of their chitchats.

"Busy for what? Golf club? Casino? I heard you had a golf appointment later sa mandaluyong after this meeting, am I right?" I asked and looks directly at him. I saw his reaction, fear and distress.

"This doesn't concern you? Why? Are you resigning?" I asked again and he panic.

"That wasn't my point, Sir. I'm so—"

"I don't care about your point. I lose a lot of money because of your stupid plans and now this doesn't concern you? Nakakalimutan mo ata ang papel mo rito sa kompanya. Gusto mo ba ipaalala ko pa sa 'yo?" tanong ko ulit sa kanya and like what I expected, he is scared, all of the people in this room are afraid.

"Nandito ka sa pangalawang pagkakataon na binigay ni Don. Marchero matapos pumalpak ng walang kwenta mong proyekto, that doesn't even benefit the company." mariin kong pahayag sapat upang marinig ng lahat.

"But I'm not like my grandfather. Starting today, tell every security branches of our company that he is no longer allowed to enter the premises, he's fired." I said with finality at tumayo na. "I would like to see the improvement of the new branch in taguig this week. Meeting adjourned." I stated and walks my way out but stop when I heard his annoying scream.

"WHO GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO FIRED ME? I DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG?!"

"Do you really think I wouldn't know what did you do, Legaspi? You steal 2 million in the company for your addiction in gamble and a honey moon with your mi—"

"Tumigil kana! Aalis ako ng mahinahon. Patawarin mo ako, patawarin mo a—"

"You had an affair. steal a money from the company and had the audacity to ask my right in the company? You should ask first if you had the rights to question me, fucktard." I said and looks at him intently. he step backward when our gaze met.

"Meet the company lawyer tomorrow. I don't have time dealing with your bull." I said and walks out finally in this room.

I headed at my office and decided to sign and analyze some papers. Paulit-ulit na lamang ang mga pangyayari bawat araw at bagot na bagot na ako. Napamuglat ako ng biglang tumunog ang telepono ko.

"Who are you?" I asked and still analyzing the problem we discussed kanina sa meeting.

"Is that how you greet your father, son?" I cursed, "Minumura mo ako?" he asked in disbelief. "No, pa. Bakit ka napatawag? Uuwi ako mamaya may ididiscuss ako sainyo tungkol sa problema na nangyari sa marik—"

"It's your grandmother birthday, son. I called dahil baka nakalimutan mo." he said at napamura ulit ako. narinig ko ang pagtawa niya sa background. "make time for buying gift, will you? I'll see you later, bye." he said and ended the call. Napahawak ako sa aking sentido at bahagyang hinilot iyon. how come i forgot about it?

I called my secretary from the intercom, "Ilang oras pa ang natitira bago ang meeting ko sa mga Chinese?" I asked and still looking at the papers i'm working. "you had almost 4 hours, sir." he said formally. Tumango ako at tumayo upang pumunta sa pagbibilhan ko ng regalo.