Pucey Acting and Pain

They had spent quite a long time trying to find out a time when Dumbledore would be around so that they would be capable of putting their plan into play, or at the very least the Twins. Not that it was particularly difficult, the difficult part was trying to find a place that was secluded and not so often visited enough that it would work well enough. Or at the very least that they would be able to drive Dumbledore to follow them to a more secluded place. They had to try and figure out which was a better option, and in the end both Tom and Draco, as well as Pucey agreed it would be better fit for their scheme to try and drive Dumbledore to a more secluded place as it would make better sense. 

Their plan in action, they decided it would be best to do it just before curfew. Which posed more complications because they needed to know Dumbledore's schedule. It did not take much effort, but it was somewhat difficult to force the pieces to fit well together. Once they managed, well, it had worked quite well.

They had caught Dumbledore as he was headed back up to his office after meeting with one of the Professors. Naturally, the whole situation played as well as they had thought....

"Come on!" Pucey hissed, having grabbed Draco by the back of his collar, dragging him forwards. Draco stumbled and growled.

"Pucey! Stop! Father will not stand..."

"Silence!" Pucey growled. They both paused, a small smirk playing on Draco's face as they both realized they had caught the old idiot's attention. Pucey, however, knew better then to allow such a thing. After all, it would not do if Dumbledore had happened to see, though he doubted it, and it made him quite nervous to do so, he would, for the sake of the plan. "You think something is funny?" Pucey glared at Draco who, lowered his eyes, biting his lower lip. "I would think you would have thought twice considering what happened last time. Apparently not." 

"Please, let's be honest. he doesn't care what happens as long as the end result is what he wants." Draco glared right back, standing defiantly. Pucey grit his teeth, grasping the front of Draco's robes and turning sharply, dragging him further into the corridor. They tred lightly, happy for this once that they were more light of their feet then the old man. They could hear his footfalls echoing after them. 

Right as they noticed Dumbledore actively paying attention, Pucey shoved Draco into a wall, arm at his neck. Draco's eyes flashed angrily, but Pucey ignored the shrill of fear which crawled down his spine at such a look.

"He is not happy."

"And? Neve really is, thought you would have noticed." 

"What is going on?" Tom entered, as smoothly as they had expected. Pucey swallowed, holding back his nervousness at what he was hoping would not end in Riddle disposing of his body. 

Grabbing Draco roughly and shoving him onto his knees, he watched as a spark of surprise and slight anger entered Riddle's own typically blank eyes. He pushed back his fear and continued with their ruse. Holding a hand to the back of Draco's neck and pushing it down, he turned to look at Riddle, fully emerged into his role now. 

"Well, if it isn't young Tom." Tom grit his teeth, but held back complaint. 

"What are you doing out so late. It is almost curfew, and we really do not need to be getting into detention because of you."

"Why, have you not heard?" Pucey asked, a small tilt of his head. "Apparently, you are not working well enough." Tom inhaled sharply. 

"That has nothing to do with anything. The plan is working fine." A glare aimed at Pucey continued forwards. 

"I fear there are those who disagree, young Riddle." Pucey dug his nails into the back of Draco's neck, causing Tom to startle forwards at the gasp of pain, but Pucey held one hand up, pausing him in his tracks, Tom's eyes bleeding anger and barely restrained violence. "He just wants to make sure that you are aware of your situation. After all, not everyone would be willing to help the Dark Lord's son." A small smirk played at Pucey's mouth as Tom, stiffened.

"Maybe not. That has nothing to do with Malfoy, though. If your ever so esteemed master has something to say, perhaps he should take it up with me, alone." 

"Nice try," Pucey spoke, laughter within his voice apparent. "You think nobody can tell? It is so obvious that you hold this boy in high regard. Anyone with eyes can see it. All I have to do is..." the hand around Draco moved from the back of his neck to the front, and Tom's fists clenched angrily. "this, and you become totally helpless." 

"Okay, okay," Tom sighed, breath shaking expertly. Draco just stayed still, head down, eyes closed. 

"Aww, see, how romantic." Pucey mocked. "Speed it up. I have great respect for you, but that will mean nothing and I won't be able to help you if you don't hurry it up. I can see how well you are doing, but unfortunately our dearest friend does not agree. And...well...who knows what would happen to this little one if he becomes more restless." 

"We will," Tom said, voice resigned. "Just...we just need a few more weeks. That is all." Pucey hummed. 

"Hopefully your attempts are enough by then. Second chances? No such thing. With the leverage..." Pucey said softly, tilting Draco's head upwards. "I would hate to see something bad happen."

Pucey dropped his hold and Tom ran over to Draco, frantically checking over him.

"Are you okay?" Draco nodded. 

It had been quite the draining performance. For all of them. If Draco had not been in the same area the moment they had exited Dumbledore's nearly invisible presence, and had Pucey not profusely apologized, Tom would have marred the elder Slytherin on the spot for daring to be so bold. 

Hopefully, the performance was enough. They would know soon enough. Judging by the previous experiences, Dumbledore would either try to get someone to talk to them, or personally ask them to his office. 

Whichever was the case, this was the first seed of doubt that they had so expertly planted. They would just have to be more careful to ensure that it was nurtured. That way the suspicion was taken off Draco and Tom. They would have more leeway should such things happen.