Part 17

Draco was not really sure that he was too thrilled with this newest plan. He sighed heavily as he glared at the parchment as though it would set aflame if he looked hard enough. Tom sighed and shook his head. Draco had a really bad habit of dwelling. Though he had managed to pull him from the plan sketches yesterday, he had found him early this morning back at it. He knew that it was just his attempts to ensure that everything was up to par, but he could not help but get annoyed with it, just a little bit. Draco was so focused on this plan. he knew that it was for good reason, especially now that they had effectively managed to force the old man's attention from the rest of Slytherin to themselves, and as a result they would need to pull themselves out of it, slightly. They would have to be more careful with Dumbledore's eyes on them now.

"Are you sure it is a good idea to get Pucey to play his part again?" Tom hummed out questioningly. He knew that Draco was somewhat hesitant to put the other in the line of fire, metaphorically, again and Draco's drop in his shoulders proved it. He rolled his eyes fondly. "Draco, darling, look at me." Draco's watery blue eyes gazed up at the fond dark ones. "I know that you are worried about this, but as Pucey had proved last time, I am sure that he will be up to whatever challenge it is that you decide to put before him okay?"

"Yes, I understand that part," Draco sighed out, staring down once more in avoidance of Tom's eyes. Tom grit his teeth, but knew that it was not the time to push the young boy, so he simply sat down next to him, placing himself carefully in the line of vision should he glance out the side of his eyes. "I, I am worried about your reaction more so than Pucey." Draco admitted, his fingers plucking the paper corner nervously. "The last time you were so close to cursing him to oblivion. If I had not interfered, I dread to think what could have happened. Tom, sir, you have a temper. It is rather frightening at times, and while we do not technically need Pucey, he is the only one who is willing to brave your wrath to work with us." He stared at his nails, playing with the underside of them. "Which will be a shame if someone decides to kill them." Draco turned his dark gaze to Tom. "Can I trust you not to try and kill him?"

"I would never kill one of our precious classmates." Tom said with a smile. Draco gave him a deadpan stare. He did not it would seem, find that funny. Tom sighed and rolled his eyes. "Draco, love, we have been through this dear. I will not kill anyone while I am at hogwarts. We have established this." Tom smirked, moving closer to Draco and sliding his fingers down his cheeks. Draco sighed, head tilting into Tom's hand, his eyes fluttering closed as he leaned into Tom's hand. Tom smiled slightly, his eyes turning just a little softer and loosing the slight glint of amusement.

"I mean it," draco said, his eyes fluttering open slightly to look at him. "There are not many people that who are so willing to put on this role that we want, like Pucey, please just...just be aware of that. Please, I really would prefer not to have him so terrified he prefers to back out. or that we need to threaten someone else into doing the role." Tom sighed, growling the last ending of the syllable he sighed out.

"I know, I perhaps get a bit too possessive. But...here is reason for that...of course." Draco rolled his eyes, shaking his head, but unable to stop the slightly amused smile that curled on his lips.

"I know that, that is why I haven't said anything, but I did want to make sure that you would be able to handle yourself if we were going to continue this. Especially considering that we have a majority of Dumbledore's attention. We cannot have you killing or torturing a student that he thinks is blackmailing us into obedience."

"I know," He hissed, his eyes glinting with annoyance.

"No, none of that," Draco scolded, a hesitant smile on his lips. "I want this to go well, Sir," Draco said, his voice uncharacteristically soft. He glanced at Tom, nerves causing him to sigh and pull away.

He had just scolded the Dark Lord. of all people that he could have chosen to scold, it would have to be the Dark Lord. How stupid could he have possibly been. Draco shuddered slightly. He curled slightly inward on himself. He bit his lower lip, nervous now. He definitely should not have done that. Tom, having noticed the sudden tension that seemed to wrack the person's body, stared at the prone figure, before sighing heavily.

He did not know what to do to make the other feel more comfortable with him. It was hard to ensure that the boy knew that he was not just the Dark Lord. He was many things. Including the person that Draco was with for the foreseeable future so he realized that the difference may be a bit....beffudling for the younger boy. It worried him greatly, because he knew that if he could not figure out how to get Draco to both fear but admire him, which he already did, but also find himself comfortable enough with him on a general basis there would be difficulties. he would need to think further on how to manage this.

He wanted Draco fearful of him yes but not utterly terrified of merely stating an opinion. That had no use to him. He knew that Draco was smart, and he wanted Draco to be fearful of him to an extent, but this extent...he felt as though for some reason they had gone a few steps backwards in the wrong direction, and for the life of him he could not figure out how or why that was.

He sighed, and simply pulled Draco in for a hug, deciding not to worry too much over it at the current moment. He knew he would need to figure it out eventually, but for now he would allow himself ot worry about it at a different time.