25

Although the tensions between Draco and Tom were obvious in the common room, they had managed to keep suspicion to a minimum outside of it. It was the way of Slytherins, of course, so none of them should be impressed, but they were. The lack of realization on the part of everyone was just hilarious in the long run, or it would be, but for now most of them found it agitating. It really only proved just how incompetent that the Teachers were. They wanted Draco and Tom to figure out what it was that was agitating them and fix it already. It was getting...horribly anxiety inducing for the rest of the Slytherins. For one, it was not totally obvious at first. Though they could feel the tension in the air, it would seem as though nothing had really changed.

Tom and Draco still were together a majority of the time. They still quartered themselves off on the couch and spoke with each other in low whispers. They still smiled at each other, although at times it was a bit more strained than was considered their normal. They still muttered to each other, they still gave glares to anyone who came close to either one of them-so they were clearly still possessive as ever of each other. Yet, it was clear that there was a tension, and it made the rest of the house anxious and jittery, not that they showed it outside. It was only a few days, but the Slytherins could not take it anymore, and so Blaise and Pansy had finally snapped, causing the rest of the house to stare at the duo in a sort of muted horror as Blaise and Pansy simply marched straight up to the couple, ignoring the dirty looks that were given their way.

"What is it?" Draco asked, worry flooding through him suddenly at the realization that they seemed to have something to talk about, it had to have been rather serious as well, considering Blaise and Pansy were his most loyal followers, and they did not disobey him for no good reason. Everyone knew that it was a bad idea to interrupt Draco and Tom whilst they were speaking with each other. For Pansy and Blaise to both come rushing at them, Draco knew that it had to be an important reason. Tom tensed at the interruption, clearly not happy with it, but Draco merely let his fingers glide down the Alpha's arm, trying to keep the other somewhat calm so they did not get angry and go off on the two.

"Well," Tom stated, staring at the two in agitation and frustration. It was bad enough that he and Draco were on the fitz at the moment because Draco as annoyed that he wished to test his favorite teacher and his godfather. In Tom's defense, he did not trust anyone, least of all someone who knew that there was abuse going on and did nothing about it, nor someone who has been sided with Dumbledore for so long. Even though Tom has tried to explain this to Draco, he had not managed to get the words out, not sure how to state it without sounding like an asshole. Not that it mattered, but he preferred his Omega not hate him to next year."Get on with it, what do you need?" Though, perhaps getting angry and sharply addressing his two best allies was not the best way to go, Tom reflected when he felt the gentle hand on his arm twitch slightly in frustration. Tom breathed in, trying to control his frustration. It had been a difficult week that was for sure.

"We wanted to know what the hell is going on with you guys." Blaise said, striking straight to the point, leaving Tom and Draco a bit stunned at the blunt and rather bold way that he was addressing them. It was...shocking, to say the least. Draco seemed to be unable of doing anything much more than stare at his allies, and friends, in muted shock whilst Tom was more than happy to glare at the two without remorse.

"I do not see why that is your problem to deal with," Tom began, but Pansy merely scoffed, causing a dark gleam to enter Tom's eyes for a split second, before Draco hummed, wrapping his arm around Tom's own, successfully managing to reign Tom in, at least for the moment. Even if they were somewhat arguing at the moment, Draco still had some sway over the other. It was surprising how easily he managed to calm Tom down, although that was because he figured out how to do so, at first, he was not nearly this adept at managing it.

"It is our concern because it concerns the entire house. I don't know what it is that is going on between the two of you." Pansy began, her eyes flaring and sincere, her gaze dark, but serious. "But you really need to figure it out before the entire House combusts." Draco sighed, turning his head into Tom, not really knowing what to say or do about this situation now. He had not expected Blaise and Pansy to come at him like that.

"Figure it out!" Blaise demanded, Tom's eyes darted from Draco to him, a gleam in his eyes as he did so. He did not really take well to being ordered about, though nobody he knew would take well to such a thing. It was also the fact that it was just entirely uncalled for. He would figure things out, he had no need to ensure that others would interject themselves into his issues.

"I think we can solve our problem ourselves," Tom spoke, his voice deceptively soft. His eyes made it clear what he thought of them interjecting where they were clearly not wanted. Hard and cold, not a good combination, if the duo had learned anything within the time they had made Tom Riddle's acquaintance. "I thank you for your concern, but your presence is no longer required. Draco," Tom pulled the other boy up. "Follow me."