23

Tom pulled himself into a more relaxed recline, Draco still leaning against his shoulder as they both stared at Pucey, wondering what the next move would be. Interestingly enough, Pucey was definitely one who enjoyed praise, which was not what Tom expected to be sure, but he was also not going to argue about the use that it could be. Those who derived joy in another's praise were always the best ones to utilize. Tom had long ago realized that one. It was easy to secure their allegiance, and as long as you showed that you cared, or at least got them to think that you cared, it worked wonders to have many of them swayed. After all, they were also usually the most useful people, from what Tom had managed to figure. 

Those who desired it were easy to manipulate, on most occasions, and really their loyalty was not so hard fought either. It was the best in regards to the ease with which it was to get to them to agree. Slow, perhaps, a bit tedious and the timing definitely had to be done properly, but it was not necessarily difficult. It could be easy, if one knew what to do. It was just time consuming for the most part. Tom could do it, and it was quite fun most of the time. Though it was not something that he could just say, but it was nice to know that apparently Pucey was one of those, similar to how Draco was with praise. Interesting at the very least. Draco was an Omega, not an Alpha, and Omegas tended to be more prone to such things either way. Alphas were not, so it was definitely a new development, one which Tom fully intended to exploit. 

"What do you think Dumbledore is going to do now?" Pucey questioned softly, not wanting to say anything too loud, tentative with how he spoke, not wanting to anger the teen either. Though Pucey may find it odd his desire to aid Tom. 

He had known that his desire to aid Draco was due to his caring for the other greatly. Draco was quite an interesting character, and he genuinely did care for the youth. He was worried about what it could mean. He had always questioned it, but Severus had reassured him that it was not something that he should be overly stressed about it.

"I am not entirely sure at this moment," Tom admitted, leaving Pucey staring at him questioningly. 

"What...Why..." Pucey shut himself up when Draco gave a small glare towards him. 

"We will figure it out, but there is going to be a bit of things that we have to think about. You did manage to do quite well, though, Pucey, thank you." Draco stated gently. It was a dismissal if Pucey knew Draco. Which he did, so he figured that he should probably leave. 

Glancing towards Tom who merely nodded towards him, he stood carefully from the chair and made his way slowly up the stairs. He was curious what they were going to talk about, wanting to know their thoughts on the situation but also was not going to eavesdrop. It would be a bad idea, and barring the fact that he got the impression Tom would know, he also did not want to anger Draco, who would definitely notice. 

"What do you think about it?" Draco asked, having glanced and ensured that Pucey was gone before speaking. He did not want the other to really hear what they were going to say. 

"I do not know," Tom stated even softer. It was true, he had no idea what Dumbledore was trying to do, but he definitely did not like it. "Although it is clear that our rouse worked, nonetheless, so it does not really matter much now does it?" 

"I suppose not," Draco sighed. 

"That is not necessarily a bad thing," Tom stated gently. "At the very least we are aware that Dumbledore is falling for our ploy. Which is good. It focuses the attention on us, which means he will likely go to Professor Snape soon enough." Draco's eyes widened at the words. He had not really thought about that. 

I had not thought about that. Draco admitted. I know that Uncle Sev has spoken for the Slytherins in the past, but this is a bit different. Draco was not sure what to do about that. 

Tom gave him a small smile, although it seemed rather strained. "I know that you care about this Professor," Draco admitted, gently placing a hand on his shoulder, allowing his other to card through his hair. "I am sure that this, Uncle Sev of yours will manage quite well handling Dumbledore on his own." He reassured, his words coming rather swiftly. 

"I know that," Draco whined, pouting. "I just...I am worried. Should we maybe...warn him?" 

"No," Tom said sternly. "If we warn him, we cannot test him." Draco's brows furrowed in confusion, and a small degree of anger as well. Justified, in his mind. 

"But..." 

"Draco, I said no." Draco grit his teeth but did not question the elder further.

"Whatever," The young Malfoy pulled away from Tom, trying to put some sort of distance between the two. Tom would not allow it, holding him firmly by the base of his skull, keeping a tight grasp on his hair which lay there. 

"I understand that you are worried about your Uncle," He said, pulling Draco close to his face so he could speak into his ear. "However, he will be fine, but despite your claims that he is on our side and easily trusted, I feel as though it is necessary to see that loyalty in action, do you fault me for this?"

"No, Sir," Draco whispered.

"Good, I would hate to have you angered in such a way, after all, it would not be conductive to our plans." 

"I understand, but I just..."

"It is fine, I am not angry with you." Tom insisted, leaving Draco wanting to question that, but not having the will to do so.