Teachers Meeting

It was not unknown that the teachers of Hogwarts were beginning to have a hard time. More than a hard time really, especially given the current state of the school.

Severus knew that ever since the Slytherins had ever so subtly moved against the Gryffindors, something like this would probably happen. It was not hard to figure out, though it had taken the old bastard much longer than Severus had dared expect for the man to figure out something was going on. Perhaps he should not be giving Dumbledore so much credit, it was clear that he did not deserve it.

Dumbledore, hpwever, was up in fits about everything. With Slytherin finally being the house that was not being discriminated against, but his own lovely lions, the man was likely to go insane any time soon. The senile man's bias against the Slytherins and Gryffindors was obvious. Everyone could see it from miles away, as long as they were actually paying attention. Sure, all teachers tended to have a bias towards their own house, especially head of houses, but that bias was often forced to take a back burner when in this education environment. It was just one more thing that made Dumbledore's lack of so much more obvious. The man was definitely not suited for headmaster, that was certain.

Clearly, Dumbledore was absolutely livid. While Severus may have seen something like this coming, that did not mean that he was too pleased at the lack of warning in which he was given by his lovely snakes. He was certain that they probably knew about this before he did. Though he would not be surprised if this was Tom and Draco putting him to the test. It was something that he would do should he be in the same position, so Severus had to think about it in that format. Still, He would have much preferred to have been warned beforehand that they were planning something, and therefore had been better prepared for when Dumbledore dragged him, and all of the other professors, into his office to talk about what he deemed problematic.

"Dumbledore, I am certain that you know just as well as I that there is nothing that can be done. We have no evidence of the students doing anything, and nor do we have any evidence that those students were Slytherins in the first place. We cannot simply throw every Slytherin in the school out of school just over assumptions." McGonagall attempted to reason with the raging old man. Flitiwick seemed horrified at the idea of emptying the school of tons of students. Professor Sprout was glaring at the man.

"So now you are taking their side?" Dumbledore screeched, I
unable to comprehend such things. Severus smirked at the effort. He knew exactly who had crooked up this whole plan. Tom Riddle, and Draco Malfoy, the two were the brightest minds found in a millennium, to think that they would not obtain revenge for how the gryffindors had been treating them whilst at the Black household was simply ludicrous. Especially since it was Draco who had the rights to the house, and the fortune, and the title, and not Harry. The only reason Harry got away with it is because he had not been registered yet. Severus would not be entirely surprised if that mix up was cleared very soon.

"Perhaps we would be more inclined to think of solutions if you had any reason to think that it was the Slytherins to started this." Flitiwick spoke in his high pitched voice.

"My lions are being discriminated against. Is that not evidence enough?"

"No. It is not, as a matter of fact." Professor Sprout stated sternly with a frown on her face. Dumbledore seemed to be unable to believe that this was actually happening.

"Well then, it is time to find that evidence do you not think?" Dumbledore asked curiously, after thinking over what he should say, and peering over his spectacles. At this, Severus needed to intervene. While he had no problem with Dumbledore for the most part, the fact that there was no evidence and the man was already accusing his Snakes of doing something like his was preposterous. Even though the man was right in his suspicions, it did not change the fact that he still had nothing to go off of, no evidence to prove his assumptions. Such things always led to lapses in investigations, and while he was well aware that Draco and Tom had likely not left any evidence to go off of, he was most certainly not going to risk anything.

"Now, Dumbledore, there is no evidence that it was the Slytherins in the first place." Severus spoke, moving forwards, his presence seeming to loom over everyone in the vast office. His walk was slow, but sure, cloak billowing slightly around his ankles as he stopped in front of the desk which Dumbledore had himself perched. "It could have been, and it could have not. Do not go accusing before you have evidence to prove your accusations. While Slytherin has had and still does have a grudge against the Gryffindors, it is not only the Slytherins who are, as you say, discriminating against them. As a matter of fact, the Slytherins have been about their usual activities."

Dumbledore stared at Severus, slightly surprised that the other had dared to go against him. Perhaps he should have thought about what he said a bit more carefully. He had momentarily forgotten that the other was even within the room, let alone the fact that he was the Head of the Slytherin house. Of course he would intervene.

Usually, Severus did not really care much to speak up in the investigations, or the presumptions of these meetings, which were held at least once a year to discuss various things, but this was something that he simply could not allow to continue. If it thwarted Dumbledore's findings of who the exact culprits were, even better, in Severus' mind.