22

The two had been waiting for Pucey to return from the headmaster's office. He did not know whether that would be considered a good or bad thing. He was leaning towards the former, for now. It could quickly turn should he know anything about Tom's violent mood swings. He just counted himself lucky that Draco was here to asuage any potential outbursts. For now, Tom had been quite amicable, and very calm a majority of the time. It was only when something went horribly wrong, or Draco was in danger, that he sort of...lost control over himself and then things were bound to turn bad if nobody could calm him down. It was about on par with what he knew regarding Alphas and their Omegas. 

He was still not entirely aware of the reason that he had agreed to this, but what he did know was that Draco thought it was a good idea, and a way to get back at the Gryffindors for the annoyance that they had been the last few generations, and as such...well he could not help but agree. It was not as though he would have disagreed anyways. While his particular role did place him in danger, he knew that Draco would not let Tom do anything bad to him, barring that, he knew that Tom would not really do anything too bad either. Perhaps it was a bit morbid, but Pucey was well aware that as long as he held some value towards the couple, they would not get rid of him. Draco would not allow him to, and Tom wouldn't either. 

He did not really have anything good to report from his meeting with Dumbledore, however, and so though he knew that they would not get rid of him, he was hoping...that they would not necessarily be disappointed in his lack of information to report. He had done what he had thought was best at the time, but he had been second guessing himself since he left the old man's office. He would have to stand by his choice, though, considering he had already made it and it was a bit too late to go back and change what he had done. He just hoped that it did not result in yet another clashing. 

"So," Tom began, turning his unnervingly dark eyes to Pucey practically the moment that he had walked in through the common room door. Pucey glanced at the two, Draco was leaning heavily against Tom, looking rather comfortable, whilst Tom had one hand carding through the hair that belonged to Draco laying across his chest, and the other had his nails tapping ominously against the top of the couch backing, staring at him creepily. Pucey took in a deep breath to calm himself. "How was your meeting with the senile old man?" Tom asked curiously, tilting his head slightly to the side. 

"It was..." Pucey paused, trying to get some thought over how he should express his meeting with Dumbledore. It was hard to really put into words, and he had to admit he was also cautious about how he spoke of his meeting as well. He knew that the slightest thing could set the two off, and he would rather not have to put out some fire somewhere because he got an overly upset Alpha Omega pair. It would be a total disaster, and not something he was overly eager to clean up after. While he knew that Draco had much better ability at controlling himself, he was still wary of Tom, for good reason. 

"Sit down," Draco said, waving towards the couch opposite to them, he pulled himself away from Tom to get a better look at Pucey and begin to assess their situation further. Tom was not overly pleased, settling on a frown that bordered on a pout, as he watched Draco pull away from him. If Pucey did not see the dark warning look that Tom continually sent everyone around them, he would believe that it was almost adorable. Pucey did not really dwell too much on that instead sitting onto the couch and leaning back, eyeing both Draco and Tom, drilling his fingers on his knee. 

"The old man wanted more information on you guys. According to him, he thinks that we are close as of late." Pucey divulged. Leading to Tom to smirk, and Draco to give a victory like look towards the Alpha. He supposed that they had been trying something similar to this and this was good news. A bit more comfortable, and a tad more confident, he continued to speak on the meeting. "He was trying to pry information about this 'situation' you guys are apparently in, from me. He seemed to believe that I have knowledge on this, and wanted me to talk to him, about it and what was going on with you guys. Seemed quite adamant. I told him he would be better speaking to you about it, and when he continued to pry despite my continual attempts to shut him down I left the office." 

"You just left?" Tom asked, curious. Pucey shrugged. What else had he been supposed to do? While it perhaps was not the nicest thing to do, leaving in the middle of a conversation, he knew that should the conversation continue, it would be rather complicated for him to just...let things go. He left before he did something that he regretted, or informed Dumbledore of something that he certainly did not need to know. 

"He would not shut up and I was about to loose my temper. Figured leaving was the best option." Tom nodded thoughtfully, before flashing him a smile. 

"Well done," Was all he said, but Pucey felt...something. He felt...proud almost, that he had managed to please the teen. He did not know why...he was the Dark Lord's son, his offspring, but he was not the Dark Lord, and he was not HIS Alpha, goodness sakes he was an Alpha of his own right. He should not be reacting so severely to the praise of another Alpha, but he could not help the joy that flooded through him at the words.