Part 20

Tom had not failed to notice how Pucey had questioned Draco, rather than himself, on whether or not the boy thought that his talking to Dumbledore was a good idea or not. It was nice to know that Draco had people that trusted him and relied on him for answers, but he also found it agitating that it would seem that he he did not have the same amount of respect, adoration, and reliance, as Draco did when it came to the other Slytherins. He knew that this was to be expected, after all Tom had known them not even a year, while Draco had known most of them since they were but toddlers given the fact that their families were well acquainted with each other. He still had to admit that he was not entirely graceful with this information. He did not like it, did not like that the people who were wandering around had more loyalty to Draco than they did to him. He was well aware that a majority of their loyalty had to do with the fact that Draco was loyal to him, and Draco was loyal to him for multiple reasons.

That did not offer him much comfort, however, and he still found himself rather agitated at this fact. Draco knew, but also did not really know how it was he was supposed to comfort him. There was not much to say in regards to that information but reassure him of things that Tom already knew, which was likely to just get him angry than anything else, and Draco knew that an angry Tom Riddle was a dangerous Tom Riddle. He much preferred the other when he was calm and collected, and he would rather not contribute to his bad mood. He knew that Tom was annoyed at many things, and he understood the reasons behind it, but not being able to do anything that would effectively help him calm the other down and reassure him was rather frustrating. He did not like that, but there was naught to do but deal with it, after all he was not one to utter idle reassurances, especially when the receiver well knew what he was saying.

"Why do you think that Dumbledore wants to talk to Pucey all of a sudden?" Draco wondered, in lue of offering any sort of reassurance or anything of the like. It was best to focus on what they had to do, and not allow themselves to get caught up in the things that were useless to dwell on. It was likely a change of direction would work better, and if it did not in fact work, it would work better than trying to reassure him, that Draco knew quite well. Tom and his father were similar in many aspects, though far different in others. Draco was precious to Tom, and he was...well, he could not say that he was not precious to his father, but his father was quite...severe in many things. Tom was far less likely to throw himself into a violent fit as long as Draco was not stupid.

"Likely because he realized that trying to talk to either of was rather useless." Tom said simply. "He tried that route and it did not work, however the Slytherins are stillI mea targeting the Gryffindors, and the Gryffindor reputation is slowly but steadily getting worse and worse as time goes on thanks to our side projects. Dumbledore is unlikely to let such things go, but if we, as in you and I, are not the ones in lead of the rebellion as he had previously thought, and there was someone higher than us-despite the fact that it is not true-there is no use in trying to get us to stop what we are doing. First Dumbledore would need to figure out who this mysterious second person is. Given the fact that Dumbledore is almost certain that Voldermort shall return, and yet does not believe me to be him, it is not hard to figure out his thought process." Tom said with a scoff and a laugh.

"Dumbledore thinks that Voldermort is behind all of this, but does not know why?" Draco hummed, jolting forwards off of Tom's lap and swiftly turning to look at him in the eyes, staring deeply at him. "I mean, Voldermort, sorry, you, dislike Gryffindor. Would that not be enough? Barring that, most Slytherins dislike gryffindor." Tom sighed softly, moving his hand forwards to stroke the Malfoy's cheek softly.

"True, he does believe Voldermort to be behind this. Given the fact that he knows me to be the man's son, not his reincarnation, it is not hard to think it. That and he fully believes that I am not the Dark Lord, that much is obvious given that he took us to the Black Residence. The only person who could so effortlessly command a Malfoy and the son of a Dark Lord? Who do you think that would be?" Tom shook his head, laughing at the irony. "However, because of this, if he cannot get someone to admit to it, it leaves him no proof, no evidence. How is he to gather forces against something that is not even a thought in the minds of most? He may claim that Voldermort is back, but how many people would believe it? Particularly since he is only targeting Hogwarts, and no other attempts of power have come into play."

"Ah, so he is going to talk to Pucey, to attempt to get behind who the real mastermind is, figure out who they are, once that happens, he can put a stop, or rather, he can try to put a stop, to the hatred that the Gryffs are currently going through." Tom nodded once.

"Likely try and form some sort of deal or negotiation in the process so that he can get back to his house being quite revered by everyone else. He favours the gryffindors so...horribly much it is so obvious. Even if you and I were not to start this trend, it would likely come about eventually at least. Either way, this is what he expects to get out of Pucey." Tom scoffed. "It is admirable, but predictable."