Why?

I was right unfortunately. Oh well at least you guys will benefit. Please enjoy another look at B! Loves!!

Brandon

All weekend. I spent all weekend sitting on this information. I should have told Corey, I wanted to tell Corey but I couldn't. I can't tell him that the girl he is in love with, the girl he has been trying to save, is the same one who has threatened our team. How do you tell someone that? How do you tell your baby brother, who you've vowed to protect, that? I don't think you do.

I need to tell someone though. I need to let them know so that this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass. I watched my brother cry all weekend and I did nothing to help. What kind of brother does that? How low of a piece of shit must that person be? I have to find more information before I tell him. I have to know more about this girl. This girl who can destroy everything.

Raven convinced Corey to take a day off from the mission so I'm filling in for him again. Maybe I can get a chance to talk to her then. I have to figure out a way to talk to her. I can't let her destroy him anymore than she already has.

By the time the seventh period has rolled around I'm practically shaking out of my skin. I got a text from Axel and Owen to bring her to Owen and Sean's office during class. I don't know what for but I don't think it will be good. I'll have to talk to her on the way. I need to make her see she has to leave Corey alone.

About ten minutes into class I see Marc come in and take that as my cue. Walking over to Sang I try to settle the burning anger and shaking nerves. I don't need this girl, this potential threat, to see me weak. We can't afford for her to see us as weak.

Crouching down by her work station I notice the deep circles under her eyes. I know she knows I'm there but she hasn't looked at me yet. "Sang I need you to come with me." When she finally turns to face me I see something flicker in her eyes before a shudder is drawn. I don't know what caused that shudder to be drawn but it probably isn't anything positive.

Sang nods and silently grabs her bag. Once we;re out in the hall she finally speaks. "I see you pulled the twin switch again. Does that really work for you?" I don't know how she knew it was me and not Corey but I don't think she'd tell me anyway. I nod my head slowly and slow down our pace so I can talk to her.

Walking at almost a snail's pace I start. I have to be careful because I don't want her to know the person she's been talking to is Corey but I need her to stop. "Sang, I need to talk to you about something before we get to this meeting." I see her peak at me out of the corner of her eye.

"Well go ahead Brandon, I'm sure whatever you have to say is going to be said whether I want you to or not so let's get it over with." She stops walking all together crossing her arms over her chest and looking at me head on. It's now or never.

"You've been corresponding with someone for many years now. Recently you made an attempt to meet them. You need to stop. Tell them you won't be responding anymore, tell them whatever you like or nothing at all just stop. You will hurt them and that's something I won't allow." She gaps at me for a mere second. I see a flash of pain in her eyes before everything shuts down. Her face becomes blank. Her entire body has deflated and turned to stone at once. Shit! I know I'm doing the right thing but that response still hurts.

Nodding her head she replies, "Fine." and we continue down the hall at a much brisker pace. When she finally cuts him loose Corey will hurt but eventually he'll be okay. Once she's out of his life she'll be okay. I don't know this girl. I do know what she told Corey but no matter how much pain she has endured I can't risk my family.

We quickly reach office 14B. When I open the door I'm surprised to see Owen, Sean and Gabriel here. I expected the first two but the last confuses me. After Sang sees them all her body tenses even further. Without a word she enters the room and stares everyone down. The blankness from earlier is still present and if possible even more prevalent. Owen looks at me and asks if I'll leave them. I nod and exit. If it's important to the mission then I'll find out eventually.

I slowly make my way back to the classroom going over everything that was said. I can't help thinking that I've made a huge mistake but I know I only did what I had to. Taking my seat back from Marc I nod to him as he leaves. I don't know what's going on at this school but somehow Sang Sorenson plays into it all.

I sign into Corey's email and read over the last few emails between him and DyingHacker. I read them twice as I rub the ache in my chest. I did the right thing by telling her to stop contacting Corey. I know I did. I am only protecting my family. I'm only doing what anyone else would.

If I know this then why does it feel like I've just made the biggest mistake of my life? Why does my chest hurt when I think about that blankness that steeled itself across her being? Why do I want to take it all back? Why can't I stop thinking about the flicker of pain I saw before she shut down? Why does it feel so wrong if I know it's right?