Chapter Six: Change My Mind

Check in. Weigh my bags. Get through security. Wait in a terminal for about an hour and a half. Such a long, boring process for two very excited teenage girls.

The boys had the same flight as us, but obviously they had first class seats and got to board the plane first.

That and I'm sure being the most famous boyband in the world had some influence on that.

Liam had asked Rae where our seats were before he had to get on the plane so he could, "swing by if I miss your pretty face."

Okay, so maybe I only knew that because I was eavesdropping.

Eventually about 30 minutes after the first and second class passengers boarded, it was our turn. Rae and I were geeking out; we couldn't wait to see Ryleigh.

"Now boarding all third class passengers," an older man with grey hair spoke from a loud speaker. Now it was time for Rae and I to board.

We bolted up to the front of the line, handing the man who had previously called us up our tickets. "Enjoy your flight ladies," he said dismissively. He probably had to do this all day.

Rae and I entered into the long hallway that lead into the plane.

"I'm so excited, Kaydance!" She smiled at me with wide eyes.

"I know, I'm pretty excited to see Ry-"

"Oh not because of that!" She cut me off. "Well I mean I'm excited to see Ryleigh too. But I meant being in London. Where One Direction will be," she explained.

I paused for a moment and felt the back of my hand to her forehead. "Oh, yep, mhm... Definitely a case of being starstruck. Drink water as needed. And the doctor prescribes to get over yourself," I giggled at her.

Rae scowled and smacked my hand away.

"Fine then, I just won't tell you my little secret," she teased me.

"Yes you will. You love me," I grinned at her.

"Yeah and you're a lucky ass that I do," she chirped back to me.

After our short conversation we entered onto the plane.

It was a little crowded for a six and a half hour flight, but it wasn't anything we couldn't handle.

As soon as Rae and I settled into our seats, a flight attendant approached us.

"Do you two happen to be Raelynn Reid and Kaydance Smith?" she politely asked us.

"Yeah, that's us. What's up?" I asked the flight attendant, slinging my personal to my lap.

"I've just notified that both your seats have been upgraded to first class seats! So if you gather your carry-on and personal bags, I'll escort you to your new seats," she smiled at us.

"Wait, what? How did this happen?" Rae asked the young woman. I was just as shocked as Rae was, how did our seats go from third to first class?

"All it says here is that by request of a few of our first class passengers, your seats have been moved to first class too. And it appears there's no extra fee, so they must've already paid it for you," she said sweetly.

Rae and I locked eyes immediately. We knew who was up to this. I gave her a small smile and she laughed excitedly at me. There was no way I was about to pass up a first class seat. Yeah, so what if I was still mad at them? We would soon get to England and I'd never have to see them again, nor did I want to.

Little did I know, this flight would change my mind.

• • • • •
A/N: So if you're reading this, that means that Wattpad is cooperating with me. Yay!! Anyways, just a reminder that nice comments and feedback will motivate and encourage me to update faster/more often :) *hint hint* The picture here is Kaydance (played by Katherine McNamara) at the airport. Isn't she gorgeous? Anyways, stay safe guys!

Lots of Love,
Kae Balla❤️