Chapter Five: Lights, Cameras... Uh Leave!

I was abruptly woken by the sound of car doors slamming, the flash of cameras, and people shouting.

Great.

As I put my blanket back into my personal, I slung my backpack on, and zipped it halfway up. I opened the door, only to be greeted by a blinding flash of light. The driver proceeded to help unload our luggage. Erm, well try.

You see, apparently when a famous boyband goes anywhere in public, whether it be a Starbucks or an airport, sometimes things don't work out. Being surrounded and bombarded by paparazzi happened to be one of those things.

I tousled my strawberry blonde tinted hair with one hand and grabbed my carry-on with the other, ignoring all the questions I was being asked.

"Why are you with One Direction?" Shouted a slim, tall man with grey hair, while he shoved a recorder in my face.

I spun around, only to have more pictures taken of me. "Are you dating a member of One Direction?" Called a petite woman with black hair.

More and more and more questions came as I pushed my way into the airport.

"How's it feel to be in the presence of the most famous boyband in the world?"

"Are you part of the One Direction entourage?"

"Did you have a one night stand with one of the boys?" The petite woman called to me again. I turned to stare at her before entering the doors. Her eyebrows were raised, waiting for a response.

So I basically had three options here; be a bitch, be polite, or ignore the woman.

Decisions, decisions.

I decided to do the safe thing and duck my head, entering the airport. I figured it wouldn't be good to associate with the press at all. I'm sure the woman would twist whatever I said into me having an affair with one of the boys.

Once safely into the airport doors where security was dealing with the paparazzi, I found Rae who was standing and chatting with the boys. Of course.

I mean, I honestly couldn't blame her. They were her idols, of course she wouldn't be able to see through them like I did.

I walked up to where they all stood with their luggage chatting, but it suddenly turned silent as I approached and stood there. Zayn had quickly turned his attention to his phone, and Harry looked down at his feet. Liam seemed to keep focus on Rae, just silently looking her over. Louis and Niall were the only two to meet my eyes.

"Erm, can I help ya with that, Kaydance?" Niall asked me softly. He looked almost apologetic and somewhat sad, which faintly tugged my heart.

So I did the opposite of what my heart felt. "No, I'm fine," I said coldly, turning away from him.

Big mistake.

"Are you kidding me? My mate just offers to help you with your bag out of the kindness of his heart, and you just blow him off?!" Louis shouted at me, obviously heated.

Rae quickly gasped in surprise at how he addressed me. Zayn paused from what he was doing on his phone, and peeked up to look at us. Liam had put his arm around Rae's back, to protect her almost, but didn't close the gap of space. Harry looked slightly alarmed, like he was about to grab Louis before he could do something he regretted.

"Lou, it's fine, just forget it," Niall said stepping in between us. He put his arms out to keep us away from each other.

"Maybe you think it's fine, but I sure as hell don't," Louis spoke to Niall, still glaring at me.

"I don't think the fact that you went to an orphanage with dying, starving kids to make money is right either!" I responded angrily, taking a step forward. Niall's fingers now brushed the bottom of my sternum, not allowing me to get any closer.

Now it was Louis turn to get in my face. He too took a step forward, but leaned his head over Niall's arm. Instead of yelling at me like he had been, he whispered fiercely to me, which in all honesty, scared me even more than if he would've yelled.

"You don't even understand a thing about us. You think you know us. But you don't. You don't understand how much me and my best mates give back."

Normally I would've just ignored him; stubbornness ran through my veins. But he actually had a good point. What did I know about them?

My stare must've softened into thoughtful gaze, because Niall relaxed his arms and Louis turned away towards Harry, who seemed to be calming him down. Zayn turned his attention back to his phone.

Rae walked over to me and placed her hand on on my arm with Liam in tow. I figured she would be upset with me for getting in a fight with one of her idols, but she actually treated me sincerely.

"Hey, you okay?" She quietly asked me. I shook my head back and forth in response.

"You know what would make you feel better?" She said with a smile coming onto her face.

"Nooooo," I groaned, but I know what she was about to do. I now had a small smile appearing onto my face now.

"A hug!" She exclaimed, embracing me in a bone-crushing bear hug. We both began to giggle softly and I whispered into her blonde, wavy hair, about where her ear should be.

"Thank you, Rae. I'm such an idiot sometimes."

"Oh, I know," Rae said, ending our hug.

"Hey!" I said with a grin. "You're not supposed to agree with me!"

She began to laugh and readjusted her backpack.

"You have the cutest laugh I've ever heard," Liam said to her, turning a very slight shade of pink. Rae, however, turned a VERY dark shade of red.

"Uhm, uh, thanks you. I mean, thank you. Thank you," she said embarrassed. She turned to look at me and I wiggled my eyebrows at her, earning another laugh that Liam thought was soooooo adorable.

"Alright ladies, I think it's time we get to security," Liam said to us, grinning ear to ear.

The three of us turned away and headed towards the other boys who had already begun to weigh their bags. Finally, I would see Ryleigh again soon.

A/N: So I decided to start back up writing again, after taking like, a two year break. I know, I'm positively awful. But hopefully things will get on a regular-ish schedule now. Leave feedback and stuff otherwise this is gonna suck. And who likes a sucky fanfic? Rhetorical question. This chapter goes out to Chip, whom I never would have gotten back at this without. ;)

Happy Holidays,
Tundraheart (Kay)