Secrets Unraveled...Literally (Adrienette)

Boom bitches I'm back with another banger? Up to you guys to decide <3

"Today you will be in pairs for a project about biomimicry." Ms. Mandeleiev said while taking a sheet of paper with all the pairings.  (Roll with me people I'm learning this in biology even though I know damn well Physics don't teach this 😭)

"Please not Adrien, please not Adrien." Marinette whispered, praying she won't end up with the one person she makes a fool out of herself in front of.

"Why? You don't want to be paired with the love of your life?" Alya snickered beside her.

"He is the love of my life, it's just I make an absolute fool of myself." Marinette admitted sheepishly.

"...Alya with Nino and Marinette with Adrien." Ms. Mandeleiev finished.

"Alya I can't do this, can we trade, please." Marinette whispered to Alya in a desperate tone.

"Give up my boyfriend for yours? Tempting but no thanks." Alya joked.

"Remind me why we're friends." Marinette muttered.

"Well well, my favorite person is my partner. Isn't that lovely?" Nino sauntered over throwing his arm over Alya's shoulder.

"Not all of us are in a relationship you know." Adrien pointed out, amused.

"Yeah no need to rub it in." Marinette whined.

"You love me." Alya winked.

"No I don't." Marinette huffed.

"It's ok Marinette, I'll love you any day." Adrien winked.

Marinette's heart stopped right then and there. Alya and Nino were also shocked and confused over what could've caused their model boy to sudden turn so flirtatious towards in baker's daughter.

"Y-you shouldn't say those kinds of things. It leads a girl on." Marinette stammered out while blushing profusely.

"Anyway, can we do the project at your house? I like your parents and the food is to die for." Adrien asked.

"Uh yeah of course. Is after school okay for you?" Marinette asked.

"Yeah I'm free. Let's go." Adrien smiled. Marinette smiled back and together they left to Marinette's bakery.

In Marinette's room...

"So, how do you want to do this?" Adrien asked once their stuff is set.

"UH, biomimicry isn't my thing, I think you should lead this one." Marinette answered nervously.

"Sure, sounds good." Adrien smiled. Marinette smiled back and stood up, getting a poster paper and went over to her computer.

"We could do research and then combine our facts. Based on that, we'll organize the information and then we can put everything onto the paper. I can do some extra designing, if that's ok with you?" Marinette told Adrien as she fiddled with her fingers.

"Yes to all those things." Adrien agreed.

And so together they began their project that would mean much more to them than either of them could've imagined.

2 hours later...

"It feels so good to be free from that awful project." Marinette said while stretching her arms, then putting her hands behind her head.

"It really is." Adrien hummed in agreement.

"Hey, let's share stories." Marinette suddenly spoke.