"He needs you to be patient," I murmured.

It took him a moment, but finally, he let out a heavy sigh and slowly turned around. I could feel his sorrow in my own soul, and I wished I could do more, but time was what Jack really needed the most. Jack was a fighter, I knew he was, but after what he'd been through... He needed a lot of time to recover from the horrors he'd been forced to face.

There was no way of getting the mood back up after that. We walked quietly through the forest, making a big circle around the town since that was as far as we were let to go. Every time our path started taking us too far, a group of Rayleigh's scouts blocked our way. They were keeping a close eye on us, and even when I couldn't see them, I could feel them close by. Them and the dozens of spirits Natalie had asked to follow me.

If that wasn't enough, Jaden walked so close to me that it was hard to stay up on my feet. I tripped a few times in the snow, and every time I tried to push him away, he gave me a hurt look.

"You're making me fall face first in the snow if you don't give me a little more room," I chuckled at him on the third time.

He snorted at me. It was definitely a no. I somehow managed to stay up on my feet the rest of the way anyway.

When the town appeared in front of us, I slowed down without even realizing it. I had to leave soon... I had mixed feelings about it. I did want some time and space to think. I wanted to take a step back and look at my life without disturbances. I understood Jack perfectly, to be honest. Peace and quiet was exactly what I wanted at that moment.

And then there was Jaden... I looked down at him and ran my fingers through his soft fur. No matter what my life had become now, it was Jaden who had changed it the most. My relationship with him. I liked him, of course, and I wanted to spend time with him, but I was still confused. He'd been right next to me this entire time. The past couple of weeks. I knew a lot about him already, but a month ago, I knew him only as a troublemaker. A month ago, he was a stranger to me.

I definitely had things to sort out, and I couldn't do that here, no matter how sad I was about leaving.

But when we reached Jaden's house, and I saw Natalie's car parked in front of it, I suddenly wasn't sure if I wanted to go.

Suddenly, I wasn't surrounded by wolves anymore. All three of them changed back to their human forms, but none of them said a word, just watched the car in silence. None of them liked the idea of me leaving, although they all understood I needed it. Which, of course, didn't help them at all.

"We will see on Monday again," I said quietly.

"How the hell are we supposed to get back to normal after this?" Tilly asked with an annoyed tone.

"School is pointless at this point. It's for humans anyway – we don't need it," Jaden concurred.

"School is important because there's life after this whole thing has been sorted out," I reminded them. "All we need to do is to find the Echoes."

They all snorted at me. Even Arch.

"Be like that then," I chuckled. "I could use some normal life activities right now."

I could see Jaden peering at me, his arms crossed over his chest. I could feel his doubts and fears. No matter how many times I had tried to convince him that I wouldn't trade this life for anything, he still feared that I didn't want this. Or him.

Natalie stepped out of the house before any of us could say another word. She smiled brightly and waved at me as she walked towards us.

"I'm sorry I have to take you back," she told me once she got close enough. "You know you'd rather stay here."