'And now those monsters are afraid of you,' he chuckled.

I laughed too and looked up at the cloudy sky. I knew I was being watched. That feeling had not left me ever since the battle ended. The rest of Hades' Echoes were still out there, and their owners wanted mine too. But I was not an easy target anymore, and... I liked that feeling.

"Do you hear that?" I asked, when something in the distance gained my attention.

'I do, yes,' Cedric nodded.

"Should we pretend we didn't hear that?" I asked with a smirk.

'It's your call,' he replied, and vanished, but I could still hear his voice. 'Good luck."

"Thanks," I chuckled, when the noises in the forest grew closer. I couldn't actually physically hear the noises, but I could feel them. Their spirits were loud, after all.

When I could physically hear them, it would've been too late for me. I heard the first crack of a branch a second before something big and white dashed towards me from behind the trees, changing her course barely in time to avoid crashing straight into me. I just laughed when Tilly was joined by Jaden and Arch, the massive boys.

"I swear, I can literally see you growing," I chuckled, scratching Jaden's neck that reached way above my waist already. "You guys are like ponies with fangs."

Jaden snorted as he sat down, looking pleased with my attention while Tilly started nibbling on his butt and tail. Jaden' growled a few times, even snapped his teeth at her, but she wasn't stopping teasing him.

I just rolled my eyes in amusement when the two of them started to fight and turned my attention to Arch, who just stood quietly right next to me, looking hopeful.

"He's better already. The infestation is getting smaller each time I treat him. It won't take long until it's completely gone," I told him reassuringly.

He tilted his head and let out a small whine.

"I'm sorry, he still needs time," I replied apologetically. "But I'm sure he will want to talk to you once he's ready."

He looked so sad... Even Tilly and Jaden stopped fighting so they could hear what I said.

"But at least he now has a roof over his head. He is slowly warming up to us," I told them. "Come – let's go for a walk before I..."

Before I had to leave...

I didn't need to finish that sentence. The mood was already down as was started walking.

But not all of them followed me. I stopped to find Arch, who had his back turned on us. He was looking towards where I had come from. Towards Jack. I knew what he was thinking. He could easily follow my trail and find Jack. He needed to talk to Jack. He wanted to understand.

"He's trying to protect himself," I said quietly. "He can't let you come close to him. His spirits are so unbelievably fragile. One wrong word, one wrong expression from you, and they will break again, and he knows that."

Arch glanced at me over his shoulder. I could feel his pain...

"He just needs some time, that's all. He needs time to heal, and he needs to get rid of the infestation first. Henry left behind horrible nightmares that haunt him even when he's awake. Those nightmares, that infestation, is the reason why he believes you would only hurt him."

I wasn't sure if he was still willing to let go of his plan to go see Jack against his will, so I carefully made my way to him and placed my hand on his neck.