9. Clean up Duty

"A complete disregard of school rules and futhermore..."

Ugh, she had been going on like this for ages, I wish she would stop. I looked over at Autumn, who looked as equally bored of the principal as I did. She looked my way and I immediately shifted my eyes away, rolling them in the process.

"...the rest of the school year, you're on clean up duty. After school, whenever there's an event, everytime, anytime. You'll be with that other girl, Christina. We can't expell you because there's more important things, like drugs and such, but we will make an example of you." After she finished, the principal sent us both out of the room and told us to go to our respective classes.

Once we got outside the office, Autumn turned to me and immediately started cursing me out. "YOU DAUGHTER OF A HOOKER I HAVE SHIT TO DO DURING THE NIGHT."

"Judging by the pictures of marijuana leaves on your stupidly high socks and your green belt on your high waisted pants, I'm guessing you have to get high."
She looked at me like I was a psychic, then regained her angry look. "Yeah you freak, at least I have a fucking life and I'm not just a clingy, nerdy bitch!"

"Clingy? What the fuck are you talking about I met you today." I tried to search my mind and figure out why she would call me clingy, yet no results showed up.

"Are you kidding? You were about to chew me out when Christina was right there. I didn't think she would mingle with the likes of you, but I guess she does." That's when Autumn moved in more and got all in my face. "Well? Tell me I'm wrong b-itchh."

"You don't know shit Autumn, so leave me the fuck alone, kay? Just clean the school like we're supposed and don't talk to me." I walked away pissed as hell. Clingy? Me? She doesn't know anything. That Mary Jane killed to many of her brain cells.

~*~

Lucky for our clean up crew, all the underclassmen decided that the week before Thanksgiving was the prime time to have everything they've ever wanted mashed into one week. It meant that I'd miss Phillip's party, and when I told him that he looked like a kicked puppy. It also meant I'd have to deal with Autumn and Christina all freaking week.

And honestly, it was almost like they weren't there half of the time. Probably because they dropped their brooms and went to a janitor's closet and did... whatever they do. All I know is that I could always hear it since there was one of those closets every four feet you walked.

Now its Friday again and I was stuck cleaning at the school at 12am. The Freshmen and sophomores had their silly little mock prom tonight and there was so much trash on the floor I thought I was at the dump.

Speaking of dumps, Sylvia still hasn't talked to me or Tara. I care, of course, I mean Slyvia is one of my really great friends, but Tara has me beat in the regret department. Everytime she sees Sylvia, Tara starts to sniffle and her eyes get all watery. Then, when she catches Sylvia's eye and Syl just turns around, Tara just bursts into tears.

I get not talking to me but when Sylvia hears Tara crying, she should at least try to comfort her. But whatever for now, I just hope this all works out and we can get back to normal.

"You gonna help or just sit there and daydream eh?" Then someone whacked a broom at my head.

"Ouch, what the fu-" I turned and saw Christina there with an annoyed look on her face. "Whatever" I grumbled and instead of awknowledging her I picked back up my broom from the Cafeteria floor and started sweeping.

"I thought you said we could be friends." Christina spoke from behind me.

Without facing her, I answered, "No. Pretty sure I said acquaintances. Can you not hear? Do you have rainbows in your ears?"