4. Breakfast

Hey guys! I feel like I haven't talked to y'all in forever haha. Okay, I know this one was slow, ya know? I was in New York because somehow my family prefers the Empire State Building over Decent Mexican food, but whatever. I mean no offense, I love y'all New Yorkers.

I had a New York style pizza. They're kind of... exactly like regular pizza.

Well guys if you're liking this story please please please take a moment and click that star like button at the bottom. Yes? Thank Y'all!

READ ON!!!!

Instead of slamming my alarm down this morning, I let the music play and flow through my mind. I think I missed the teenage memo of Friday being good days. All I saw it as was another day prohibiting me from getting to the weekend. Maybe if I listened to Amazing Grace long enough, God would actually save a wench like me. As in, he'd let me skip today so it would be Saturday when I woke up again. I closed my eyes for a few seconds then checked the day on my iPhone. Damn, still Friday.

No such luck.

As I headed out the door, I called out to my mom. "Mom, I have Student Council after school today, so I'll be home late, okay?"

"Okay honey, but can you be quiet? I'm making an important call."

I slammed the door behind me as a response.

"Tara! Hey!" I made my way to the car, unlocked it and stepped inside. I fiddled with my keys a little bit before putting them in the ignition and adjusted my mirror, even though it didn't need to be touched.

"Mom trouble again?" Tara asked. I turned and looked at her incredulously. "Oh come on, don't give me that look. I know you. You always mess with your key and fix the mirror, even though it was already fine. Then you suck in your neck."

I thought about it and oddly realized I did do those things, so I relaxed my neck. "You know, I've never noticed that last one before. But you're right, sometimes I just can't stand her. I don't even think she knows what a real mother supposed to do-worry about their kid, you know? Not just sit around the house, watch gospel tv and ask if Jesus has done anything in my life. What about what I've done in my life? I mean, I seriously just told her that I'd be late home and she pretty much said whatever. I bet she wouldn't of even batted an eye if I said I was going to do marijuana near the edge of a cliff with a bunch of prison escapees!"

I didn't notice that my fist was clenched until Tara put her hand over it. "You know I've been hearing this same spill for years, right? So I'm gonna say the same thing I say every time: you'll always have me. And Sylvia. So just focus on us, kay?" She smiled warmly and immediately I was reassured.

When we made it to school, we had no where to go since the basketball guys didn't play anymore and Sylvia was practically eating her boyfriend on the bench. Tara and I decided to go and actually eat breakfast at school for once. My mom's immediate dismissal of me left my breakfast cold and uneaten on the table while on the other hand Tara never ate breakfast anyways.

I settled on the thing that looked the least unappetizing, the cinnamon rolls, and Tara followed suit. We hadn't eaten breakfast in school since freshmen year, so as we looked around the massive cafeteria it seemed as if everyone had carved their names on their seats. We settled for a completely empty table in the back corner of the cafeteria. After we were there for a few minutes, you wouldn't believe who sauntered up sat next to me.

At first all I felt was a a person sitting next to me, so I ignored it while chowing down my cinnamon rolls as Tara continued talking with her eyes closed. I think she told me to picture something but I had tuned her out.

"Maybe you should listen to your friends sometimes, hm?" I jumped at the voice then turned around. Christina.

I scowled. "Learn to take a hint, okay? Or do I have to tell you this-don't talk to me."

"It's been practically four years Liv, give up the ghost."

"Maybe it shouldn't of started haunting me again."

"I didn't choose for no one to like me in my English class."

"I wonder why no one likes you. I really wonder." By this time I was standing over her with my fist clenched like I was about to swing one.

And that's when, for the third time today, Tara snapped me back to reality by putting a hand on my shoulder. "Olive. Honestly, I have no idea what y'all's backstory is, but we need to get to class, it's on the other side of the school and the bell just rang."

I continued to stare down Christina, trying to intimidate her. She placed a sly smirk on her face and looked at me coolly while she folded her arms. We stayed like that for about a minute when I finally turned, absolutely shattered inside but keeping on a front for them. "Let's go T."

"See you in English doll-face." Christina sneered.

"Yeah, go fuck yourself princess."

I left her fuming and me satisfied for using the one thing I knew could piss her off more than anything.

"Really, Olive, what is with y'all?" Tara questioned, obviously confused by the argument I just had with Christina.

I swiveled my head towards Tara, looking her up and down until I could muster something that would seemed slightly believable. "We just have some bad blood between us okay? Tara, remember what you told me, that all I need is you and Sylvia? Well, you're right. So nothing else matters." I entwined my hand with hers and skipped slightly.

"Yeah, you're right. She does anything else and I'll kick her ass."

We both giggled and skipped all the way to class.

Sorry, short chapter. BUT THE NEXT UPDATE WILL COME SWIFTLY.

So hey, what do y'all think about the characters? Who do you like? Who do you hate? Tell me!