5. Student Council

Christina's POV

I left the cafeteria after Olive had called me princess.

Princess.

I hated those pampered pricks more than anything. I hated the cartoon ones, with their high and dignified selves and their Prince Charmings and their "happily ever afters." I hated the real ones with all their political power and money and stupid crowns. I just hated all of them in general because they got the perfect life I never got.

My life consisted of a plethora of tragedies. My brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia when I was in 5th grade, which honestly explained how he would take me outside in the middle of the night and tell me to look at all the spaceships that were flooding the night sky. I always had thought it was just his extremely vivid imagination, but I was wrong as I watched them drag him out of the house while they dragged me screaming and kicking the opposite direction. I haven't seen him ever since then...

My real dad was killed in war just after I was born. I don't know where or how or why all I know is that he's dead and now I have a stepdad named Earl, who I've never liked.

Just after my dad died, my mom started popping pills and drugs like they were candy. I mean, I actually thought she was eating candy back then, but one time when she was completely faded she told me what she was really doing. I haven't liked her since.

You know, I really don't like a lot of people. Except for Liv, but she hasn't liked me since I royally fucked up everything.

"Hey hey, Chrisy." I looked to my right as I was walking to class and saw my friend Autumn. We met in 10th grade when we both got detention for texting in class. When we had both learned about our love of Mary Jane, we immediately hit it off, so actually, she's really more of a weed-buddy than anything. "You look so damn high-strung. Blunt in the back?" By 'Blunt in the back' she meant 'Do you wanna do weed in the back of the school in the abandoned ditch that none of the teachers check anymore?'

"Yeah." I agreed then walked to the ditch with her. I hadn't been going to class lately anyways except for that one rare day when I went to English, since it was my favorite subject and the teacher was slightly bearable. I obviously wasn't thinking straight because that day I had to do a group project in a class that no one liked me in. I was glad it was odd numbered, so I didn't get a partner, maybe I could do it alone.

I was wrong, as I always seem to be, and Liv became my partner. It was really no problem with me, since we haven't had a class together all of high school, maybe this will be the chance for us to makeup. To go back to the good days.

"See, told y'all. She's out of it today." Everyone chuckled slowly and low, like the joke wasn't processing with them yet. I hadn't realized until then that we had made it to the spot with the other stoners.

Keith and Oak were skaters. Keith was gay and Oak was straight but they both were dating someone so they got along fine. Sure, there were others but I didn't know the rest of them that well. As I said before, Autumn was just there for me because when she gets stoned she tends to get a bit touchy-feelly. "Chrisy," she slurred. "Can we mwah mwah?"

Instead of saying make out she does the noise, which I think is stupid but somehow it's ingenious to her. I respond by saying, "Whatever."

I hadn't actually taken a blunt yet so I couldn't get into it, my mind kept wandering to Liv. My thoughts kept being interrupted by Autumn saying "kiss me harder" or "I love you so much." After she had said that three times it got annoying and I decided I didn't like Autumn forcing her tongue down my throat. I pushed her off my lap, which she had crawled onto like a red-eyed tree frog. Really red-eyed.