10. Breaking

[Oops, B3Silent here! Just wanted to say, flashbacks are italicized from now on. Happy reading! Or not. Who knows?]

Christina's POV

It was 4 days into Thanksgiving break, aka Tuesday, and I was already dead bored.

I've already gotten as high as I wanted to earlier this week and the massive hangover from Friday was enough to put me off the crazy juice for a few weeks.

I honestly didn't know what to do.

And that's when my technology fairy-godmother blessed my phone to start playing my text ringtone, "What The Hell" by Avril Lavigne. Yes, I still love her.

"Yo, my house? I'll pick u up." Autumn's text read and I sighed. I really wish I had more than a few friends, because those other two guys were probably slutting it up at the teenage Sticks bar downtown. My lack of friends actually scared me sometimes.

And honestly Autumn's advances were getting old. As soon as Liv came back into my life I didn't want to make out with Autumn all that much, and when we did I would feel almost sick, like I was cheating. But Liv doesn't want me back in her life really, and Autumn's the only person that still cares about me. My parents have been distant ever since my brother was taken away. Which was so long ago.

"Bryce you know we can't do this to him. It will kill him!" My mom protested. I didn't know who they were talking about of why they were fighting. Don't they love each other?

"Shut up, Steph! You don't know shit about a man's dignity. He needs help!" That's when my dad got really close to my mom and towered over her.

I shivered, hiding in the small crack between the fridge and the wall, looking into the living room. I had only come down for some ice cream but instead I had gotten something much colder.

"I'm calling them right now Steph, and you and your stupid friend Madison will never overrule a man's decision." He flipped open his phone and dialed a number, then began to talk to someone on the phone. I couldn't hear anything because I was so far away, but I didn't think it was good.

"Stop it you crazy bastard! I won't let those white jackets take away my baby boy, no no no godamn you!" My mom then began to beat on his back while he tried to push her off and still maintain the conversation.

Then my dad hung up and said, almost too loudly, "THEY ARE COMING IN A FEW HOURS TO PICK UP TRENT. HE'LL BE OUT OF OUR HAIR SOON."

"I hate you, you arrogant little misogynistic man! I HATE YOU BRYCE." My mom then ran to her room, and I believed she was crying.

"He needs to toughen up and get this illness solved--" The master bedroom door slammed. "Shit! Fucking woman.."

My dad walked to the fridge, opened it to get a pretty glass bottle that I couldn't touch, then noticed me on the side. He pulled me out, scooped me some ice cream and sat with me at the table, drinking straight out of the bottle he got.

"You know, sometimes mommies and daddies fight. But honey, Trent is going away for a while, okay?"

"Is he okay?"

"Yes. Sure. Go say bye to him."

"OKAY!" I hopped out of my seat and ran to Trent's room.

The door was closed and locked. I did our special knock and did a bird caw at the end.

Then door opened and my brother's huge hands grabbed me and pulled me in super quickly. "Hurry hurry, Tin, there's no time. No time."