chapter 92: you're not worth it

Start from the beginning

Hoseok shook his head. "I didn't win her heart, I always had it."

"Wah..." Namjoon's jaws dropped in dismay. "You really have to remain cocky right till the very end, don't you?"

"Yeah."

"Maybe I wasn't earlier, but I'm definitely cursing you out inside my heart right now."

Hoseok let out a small chuckle, and Namjoon grinned as well.

"Mm... is that all you have to say?" Hoseok asked. "If you're done, I-"

"You're in a real hurry to leave, aren't you," Namjoon scoffed. "Acting like the boss here, as if I don't have things to rush off to settle as well... I'm taking time out of my schedule to talk to you as well, you know-"

"Tsk-" Hoseok interrupted Namjoon agitatedly. "I was gonna say... if you're done, I wanna say something too."

Namjoon pursed his lips, clearly embarrassed. "Oh. Oh, okay. Go ahead then."

Hoseok grinned as he watched Namjoon cower back a little. "Teasing you is my favourite hobby, you know?"

"Shut up and say what you wanna say."

"I can't shut up and talk at the same time-"

One death glare from Namjoon and Hoseok really did shut up and tried to think of how to put his thoughts into actual words.

-•-•-

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Jungkook-ah... please... please just open the door..."

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"If you give me a chance, I can explain..."

Bang! Bang! Bang-

Jungkook grabbed the mug resting on the table next to him and hurled it at the door.

Smash!

The mug smashed into smithereens, not unlike his heart in the past few hours. It had been a whole half an hour since Jungkook had slammed the door behind him and collapsed to the floor in a sobbing mess, but the incessant banging on his door never ceased. Jieun was even more shameless than Jungkook had imagined.

How could she, even after what she had done?

He didn't want to see her right now, he never wanted to see her ever again. The mere sight of her was like a stab right into his heart. The mere sound of her voice made Jungkook remember the now horrible, terrible memories they had spent together. How she must have secretly mocked him every time he opened his heart to her a little more, each time falling a little more into her carefully-designed trap of lies...

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"I still have so much to say... Jungkook-ah..."

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Jungkook-ah... Please... I don't expect you to forgive me... just hear me out this once-"

Smash!

Another piece of furniture hurled at the door, another loud smash. Jungkook buried his head in his own chest, his hands hugging his knees tightly to his chest as he tried to sob the pain away - but the pain in his heart never left, it was always there.

"Shut up and leave!" Jungkook yelled. "I don't wanna see or hear you. Get lost! Disappear from my life already, will you?!"

But of course, Jieun refused to listen. She stayed outside, pounding on the door, as if that would do anything to change Jungkook's mind.