Chapter 7

Hey

The school year hit me like a truck, but on the bright side it nows means you'll be getting a semi-regular update schedule because school makes me feel like I have to actually do things. Iam tired all the time and getting no sleep to fuck that heres chapter seven.

Forst note: I realize that I didnt post trigger warnings on the last episode i will not be doing that im to tired.

second note: I know that, medically, you cannot faint from a panic attack because fainting is caused by a significant drop in blood pressure while anxiety is hightening blood pressure but this is fanfiction if you were expecting accuracy go somewhere else none of this will be medical, its all for The Angst TM

thanks

love from, cora  

"I love you, Virgil."

"I-I love y-you t-too, L-Lo." He said, grey eyes meeting Logan's brown.

Maybe, Virgil thought, today won't be too bad.

~~~~~~~~

God was he wrong.

He had gotten through his first period without a hitch, everyone ignoring him and except Patton, who gave him an enthusiastic whisper. It was when he got to his second class that the problem arose. The teacher of his second-period class, pottery, was a very overenthusiastic young woman with the tendency to be oblivious to everything around her. When he crossed the threshold of the class he was not expected to be greeted by a very excited and loud teacher wishing him a happy birthday.

The noise shocked him backwards. He stumbled back into the hallway, tripping over something and falling into a clique of girls on the soccer team.

"Get off, asshole!" One girl (number 23 judging by her jersey) shoved him off and back to the floor.

"S-sorry." He mumbled, watching them walk away with stifled giggles. There was an arm on his bicep and someone dragged him upward off the floor.

"You should be more careful," his teacher said in a sing-song voice. Virgil flinched away from the loud noise, trying to tug his arm from her grip. "That door sure is a trippin' hazard."

He didn't say anything in response as she pulled him back into the classroom, clapping to get everyone's attention. Heads turned. Eyes fixed on him. He knew what was going to happen. "P-please d-don't-t." He forced out of his seemingly empty lungs. She didn't seem to hear him but he couldn't say it again as his throat felt like it was closing. He couldn't breathe.

"Today is Virgilius's birthday and since he's a senior we're gonna sing happy birthday. I promised at the beginning of the year I'd sing to all seniors..." Her voice started to drift off as if he was hearing it through cotton. Muffled and staticky. He tried once again to speak but all that came out was a quiet whine that he wasn't sure anyone but him could hear. He thought he could feel tears welling in his eyes. He wasn't sure, though.

Happy Birthday to you.

His hands were shaking. His body was shaking. He turned and sprinted from the room. He was sure someone was calling after him but he was too focused on moving his heavy feet. They felt like bricks. They didn't feel like his.

Happy Birthday to you.