Chapter 5

Howdy people,

Today you get to hear the fight between Remus and Roman because it'simportant and I figure now is a good time. Please enjoy.

This was written in one go with me running on like 3 hours of sleep no editing we die like men.

Love from, Cora

TW: fighting, crying, i think that's it?

~~~~~~~~

To be completely honest, they weren't even sure how fighting had started. One moment they had been sitting in the kitchen chatting about their days and the next they were in a screaming match. Normally it wouldn't have been considered unusual but today... Well, today was more than just the normal lighthearted debate.

Today was screaming. Today was insults and pain and regret.

Today was the words you had been holding back forever. The words you could never take back.

"You could never get a boyfriend Remus! Who would date you?" Roman yelled, his voice hard with anger.

"Oh please, I've already had a boyfriend," Remus yelled back, voice equally hardened.

"Who you could barely hold down for two months." Roman scoffed, getting into Remus's face and giving him a shove backwards. "Who would love you? Who could love you?" Roman's eyes and voice were as sharp as a knife, cutting deep into Remus. "Our parents don't even love you."

Remus stumbled back like he'd been punched, trying to keep his breathing steady. This was supposed to be the part where Roman would realize he'd gone too far. Where he'd apologize and they would be okay.

"I- you love me, don't you?" He whimpered, looking into Roman's eyes. The only thing he could see was hatred. Annoyance.

"When I look at you it's like looking into a mirror and seeing everything I never want to be." Roman's words were filled with venom. Remus could tell he was telling the truth. He really didn't love him. Tears welled up in Remus's eyes and he turned away. He couldn't let Roman see him cry.

He fled the house, hearing his family, minus Roman, calling after him. He ran until his breath was heaving in his chest and he had to sit down. Taking in his surroundings he realized he was a good two miles from his house.

He needed to do something. It was late and he didn't want to go home. He couldn't go home. Not yet. There were still tears, hot and wet, sliding down in cheeks in a neverending torrent.

Who would love you? Roman's voice echoed in his ears. In his mind.

Who could love you?

His hands shook as he pulled out his phone and pulled up his contacts, trying to read the names through his tears. After a long while of scrolling aimlessly trying to figure out who to call, he eventually settled on a little storm cloud icon, blurred into a purple smudge on his screen.

"Virgil," he croaked as soon as he heard someone pick up. His voice was strained from screaming and watery from the crying and sounded like he was dying.

"R-Remus? A-are y-you okay-y? Wher-re are y-you?" Virgil sounded panicked. He already knew something was wrong. Remus could hear a slamming door and a yell on the line as Virgil stuttered into his phone.

"I- Virgil I need you to come and get me." Another yell, this time Virgil, the jangling of keys and yet another slamming door. A car started. "I don't- I don't know where I am." Remus whimpered.

"Th-that's okay-y Ray," The nickname was comforting. Remus cradled the phone even closer to his body. "C-can you t-tell me what's around-d you then-n?" Remus described where he was as well as he could and Virgil said goodbye, promising he would be there soon.

Soon felt much too long.

By the time Virgil got there, Remus didn't feel sad anymore. He just felt numb. His tears were still falling and his hands were still shaking but he couldn't feel anything inside.

A hand grabbed his. Someone was talking softly to him. Who was talking? Someone lifted his face and Virgil was there. When had Virgil gotten there?

"R-Ray you're b-bleeding," Virgil pointed out a scrape on one of his knees. When had he started bleeding? When had he scraped his knee?

"'Ello Virgie," He croaked. Virgil gave him a sad smile and hauled him onto his feet, steadying Remus against his shoulder. He walked him around the car and tucked him into the passenger seat, helping him buckle his seatbelt.

"Jesus-s, Ray, wh-what ha-happened-d?" Virgil asked once he had pulled away from the sidewalk. Eyes shooting between the road and the crying boy curled up in the passenger seat of Thomas's car.

"Me and Roman had a fight," Remus mumbled into his legs, pulling them tighter against his torso. "'S a bad fight."

Virgil offered him nothing but a hand laid comfortingly on his leg and a changed radio station now playing quiet rock music, his favourite. That was all he needed, he supposed. That and maybe some love- self love and otherwise.

He spent the night at Virgil's after a quick discussion between Thomas and he had in the kitchen. Virgil cleaned the scrape on his knee. Virgil set him up with some tissues and a cup of tea and put on a movie, sitting next to him on the couch. He placed a comforting hand on Remus's leg once again. A tense but comfortable silence.

"Y-you know whatever-r he s-said wasn't t-true. Y-you know that-t, right?" He said with a sigh. He sounded angry. Remus's wasn't really sure what he was angry at.

"No. It was."

He fell asleep soon after that.