Prologue

I must be stronger than them

"Stay away from that kid. He'll beat you up if you get in his way"

I must be smarter than them

"Excellent score again, class you'll do well to follow Kakashi's example"

"But he's in a way difirent league than us"

I must be better than them..I must be perfect

"Kakashi-kun! Please accept my gift!"

"Don't bother with him, that's the ice prince"

"He's so cold and cruel"

"He thinks he's better than everyone else..jerk"

I must get the highest grades

"Kakashi has never failed, he is so amazing"

I must win everything, every time, every year

"With Kakashi in the team we're sure to win!"

"I'll be disapointed if we don't.."

"This is Kakashi we're talking about...he's perfect"

But over time...perfection stopped being an accomplishment. It turned into  expectation.

Is it worth it? What do I benefit from this? A successful future...will I be happy?

My father was always gone..always leaving to go to his business trips. I sometimes forgot I still had a parent.

All the 'friends' I have are just using me for popularity, or for protection.

I am alone. I have no one. I feel like I am trapped in this lonely dark abyss, crawled into a ball and rocking back and forth.

I thought I will be forever trapped in that dark abyss....

Until an angel took my hand and pulled me into her arms...

**

One thousandth nine hundreth ninety nine....I counted the raindrops fallings. My eyes trained outside, having drown out the noise my childish classmates having been causing in the absense of a teacher.

It was the first day back in school after a long summer. We were told to be having a new teacher this year, and though I haven't met them I already hate them. It's already an hour since class was supposed to start. Where the hell are they?

What kind of example is this teacher setting to us for arriving an hour late on the first day?

"U-um..excuse me?" a girl shyly came up to me. I ignored her hoping she'd take the hint and leave me alone. "Can I sit here?" blushing, she pointed at the seat beside me.

I placed my bag there.

The girl looked taken aback. "Okay then" she said and took the seat behind me instead.

"That was rude of you Hatake-kun" one of the guys reprimanded. I gave him an ice cold glare making him shrink down in his seat.

All bark and no bites.

"Someone's coming" someone said and sure enough everyone rushed to their respective seats, pretending to be good, model students when ten seconds ago they were acting like seven year olds on a playground.