Seven

Weeks passed in a blur, and before they knew it they entered the second month. Kakashi never had trouble with school, everything was too easy for him. But lately, he's finding himself to be more and more distracted. "This is so embarrassing" Kakashi stuffed his papers in his bag before anyone else got to see his scores in their recent quiz.

Unfortunately Obito's keen eyes caught the grade and snatched up the papers. "I don't understand why you're whining" the Uchiha said. "Your Grade here is 97, you're still higher than everyone"

"You don't understand! I have to be perfect!" Kakashi growled and snatched the papers from his best friend's hands, stuffed them back in his bag and left without sparing his friend a second glance.

What has been happening to him? He's supposed to be perfect

He must be perfect! His grades were always a 100, never 99 or a 98, because he was perfect. And this disgusting grade he got...it infuriated him. "It's her damn fault" he angrily thought as images of blonde hair and blue eyes flashed before his eyes. He needed to fix himself before his grades get lower and he loses his sanity.

Thankfully, it was Friday so he won't have to see his teacher for two days once he gets through the day. He just needs to ignore his bubbly sensei's antics, he just needs to act like his usual cold, uncaring self.

How hard can it be?

**

As it turned out it wasn't that hard. He didn't need to try very much because for the rest of the day his bubbly teacher seemed to had distance herself from everyone.

"Good, now for some peace and quiet" Kakashi thought with relief. Her lessons passed quickly, students still paid very close attention to her. He heard some whispering about her 'diffirent teaching method' that day.

Some pointed out how she seemed dull and less energetic. His classmates were worried, but the silver haired boy couldn't care less about his teacher's change. He was annoyed at how worried they were of Uzumaki. Why can't they just mind their own business?

"Aren't you worried for Sensei?" Obito asked during lunch. Kakashi didn't look up from his bento. "No" he bluntly responded.

Obito puffed his cheeks and glared at Kakashi. "Why so cold? Just a few weeks ago you were having a mini food war up here with Uzumaki-sensei, and you seemed to really like her feeding you" smirking at the shocked expression on his friend's face.

Kakashi thought his heart exploded. How did Obito know about that?! "I have no idea what you're talking about"

Obito grins at his friend's embarrassment. The silver head's often cool and composed but he managed to make the boy turn red and break out of his cold character by simply mentioning his little moment with Uzumaki-sensei a few weeks ago up in this room they are in.

"Uzumaki-sensei seems to like you a lot, didn't she also took care of you when you got sick Kakashi?"

"S-she was just being a good teacher!"

"Yes but she never went out of her way to cook her other students soup when one of them got sick. Hayate-san got the flu the other day and she sent him a get well soon card" looking at his silver haired friend smugly he added "You're the only one who's house she visited. Did you enjoy it when she played nurse?"

"Shut up Obito!" Kakashi snapped, hitting his friend with his chopsticks.

"You didn't deny it though!" Obito laughed. "But, seriously. She seems to like you a lot" his friend had a sudden thoughtful look. "I've heard her say you remind her of someone important to her, maybe that's why she seems to be really fond of you? Because you remind her of that person?"

Kakashi became quiet after a while, he spoke. "I don't really care Obito"

If he was being honest, Kakashi felt angry. Uzumaki has said that he reminded her of her boyfriend, and she always said that with pained, yet loving eyes.

Is that why she's always around him? Because he reminds her of the person she loves? Maybe. No one really sticks with him because of their genuine feelings or because they like him for who he was. Well, except maybe for Obito.

But he can't help but wonder where her pain is coming from? From the way she speaks of her boyfriend(whoever he is) she sounds so happy and inlove. But why does her eyes hold so much...

Pain?

"Why would her eyes hold pain? She's always happy" he reasoned. "I'm looking into things that I shouldn't be looking into anyway, I shouldn't even be thinking about her"

"Has she ever said a name?" He suddenly asked his best friend. Obito gave him a confused look. "What?"

"A name. Has she ever said her boyfriend's name?"

Obito became thoughtful.

"Um, I think she mentioned his name once, but I can't remember" looking at his friend who suddenly looked stonier."Why do you ask?"

Kakashi shrugged. "Nothing" standing up and packing up his bento he said. "Come, class will resume soon"

**

The beautiful blonde was eating alone while staring into the river, his bright blue eyes that usually sparked with life and enthusiasm held emptiness instead.

Her phone kept buzzing with notifications. Over a hundred unread messages on her screen.

After finishing her lunch, the woman stood up, her hand reaching to play with her necklace. "Happy anniversary Sasuke"

A/N: I feel dissatisfied with how this chapter turned out. If you didn't like this then I'm so sorry. Also happy 2021 :)