t e n | the call

(just so there's no confusion, this is the night tommy and y/n kissed :)

~tommy's POV~

i couldn't believe it. i actually kissed y/n. my head was spinning in circles. i'd wanted to do it for awhile but i didn't think i'd ever have the confidence to actually go through with it.

i pulled out my phone and called the first person i could think to call.

"eryn! what's up big man?" i said excitedly, walking up to my room. eryn laughed.

"what's going on tommy, why do you sound like that?" i quickly began describing my whole night to eryn, who every once in awhile chimes in with his thoughts.

"so, you and the american?" he asked. i rolled my eyes, though he couldn't see it.

"yes, the american. she's actually really cool! anyway, let's get on minecraft. she left and i'm now bored." i demanded. eryn and i got on hypixel and played for the next few hours.

i found myself starting to get more and more tired, and checked the time to see it was 1:12 AM.

"eryn, big man, i'm having a lot of fun but we have school tomorrow." we agreed to get off finally and i laid down in my bed. that's when i noticed a notification on my screen.

1 missed call from sophia.

i groaned and called her back. if she thought to call me after what happened tonight, it had to be important.

"hey tommy." the voice i heard made my stomach drop.

—————

~y/n's POV~

"i'm sorry?" mr bret asked, needing clarification.

"i said no. i'm not presenting." tommy said again. you looked at the teacher and walked back to your desk towards tommy. mr bret sighed, marked something on his paper, and called out the next pair.

"what's going on tommy?" you asked. he shook his head and looked down at his hands on his desk. you got up from your desk and kneeled on the floor next to him. "please talk to me. i want to help." he sighed. eryn leaned in to listen.

"last night i got a call from sophia." he said quietly. you raised your eyebrows and looked at eryn.

"why is that a big deal?" eryn asked him. tommy laid his head down on his arms. you placed a hand on his back.

"tommy, please talk to us. what happened?" he lifted his head and turned around to look at eryn.

"when i called back, mia answered." tommy explained. eryn's face fell and his expression turned serious.

"who is mia? what's going on?" you asked. tommy's face scrunched up and he laid his head on his arms again.

"mia is the girl who cheated on him. sophia most likely set it up to get back at him. she knows how bad mia hurt him." eryn whispered to you. your jaw dropped and you turned back to look at tommy and frowned.

—————

it had been 24 hours since you last spoke to tommy. you knocked on the door to his house, gripping the plastic bag in your hand. his mom opened the door with a smile.

"oh, hi y/n. are you here to see tommy?" she asked politely. you nodded. "well, he's not feeling the greatest right now but i'm sure he'd love to have you as a visitor." she let you in the house and you made your way up to tommy's room. his door was closed and locked.

you knocked softly and heard shuffling coming from inside. the door opened and you were met face to face with tommy. his eyes were red and his hair was messy. you gave him a soft smile and held out the bag in your hand. inside it was candy you knew he liked. he grabbed the bag, looked in it and let the smallest smile creep on his lips.

"how are you doing?" you finally asked, breaking the silence. he shrugged. you wrapped your arms around him and he did the same. you listened to his slow breathing and pulled away to look him in the face. you pulled him to his bed and sat down with him. "let's watch a movie, okay? it will help distract you." you just wanted to be there for him as much as possible.

you grabbed the remote to his tv, clicked onto netflix and turned on a random movie. he stared at the tv aimlessly, seeming to look right through it. you grabbed his hand, causing him to look at you.

"i'm here for you." you whispered softly. he closed his eyes and laid his forehead on your shoulder. you wrapped your arms around him again and heard him let out soft cries. you traced circles on his back and pulled him closer, feeling his chest rise and fall with every breath. "you deserve better."

—————

hi this chapter is super sad i'm sorry :( it made me sad to write and it's also super rushed and probably not that good but let me know what you think! i'm thinking of ending it soon like within 3-4 chapters and i think i know exactly what i'm going to do for the final chapter. also, thank you so much for 4k reads! this is growing so fast and i'm so excited!!

-kay <3