n i n e | strange

you walked into your house, smiling like an idiot. you quietly closed the front door and turned around to see your mom in the kitchen.

"what's that smile for?" she asked.

"nothing." you said. blushing. she saw right through you and crossed her arms, smirking. you sighed. "okay, tommy and i kissed." her eyes lit up and she smiled.

"how was it?" she pressed. you blushed harder and hid your face.

"it was really good. i really like him. i know it hasn't been long but, i don't know, we just clicked so well." you explained. your mom nodded knowingly.

"i know the feeling. i had that with your dad." she told you. "we met when he came in to buy something from the store i worked at when i was only 19. i didn't know i'd ever see him again, but then we ran into each other again with a group of friends and we clicked really fast. we went on a date after a few days and started dating after only knowing each other for a few weeks." you felt a lot more confident in your decision and smiled.

"thanks mom." you said, hugging her. she hugged you back.

"of course, y/n."

—————

"alright class, you know what time it is." your biology teacher said. it was officially friday, the day you were supposed to present your project with tommy. you looked around the room frantically, noticing he wasn't there. where the hell are you tommy?

"hey, do you know where tommy is?" you said to his friend, eryn. he sighed.

"we were up late last night gaming. my guess is he slept in and woke up feeling like shit, so decided to not come in." eryn said. you frowned.

"why would he not tell me? we're partners." you felt your face get hot in embarrassment as you blinked tears away. eryn smiled and comforted you.

"i'm sure it will be okay. worst comes to worst, ask mr. bret for an extension since your partner is absent. he's a pretty cool teacher, i doubt he'd give you much trouble." he said. (ye i know mr bret was the math teacher i just wanted to reference the video LMAO)

"but-" you started, but were cut off by mr. bret's loud voice.

"y/n and tommy! you're up first!"

you pulled yourself out of your seat nervously and made your way to the front of the room. you began to make your way over to where the teacher was sat to tell him your situation, when you hear the door open.

"sorry i'm late." tommy said, voice serious and eyes tired. you raised your eyebrow at him, but he looked away.

"just in time tommy. it's your turn to present!" mr. bret said. tommy glances up from his desk and shook his head.

"not a chance."

you glanced at eryn, who was equally as confused. he looked back at you and raised his eyebrows.

what the hell is going on with tommy?

—————
hiii so i kind of lost inspiration for this story and that's why i stopped updating for a few days but i'm back and ready to keep this story going! i'm gonna try my best to keep up with it but idk if i'll be able to do daily updates since my brain is moving kinda slow rn. i hope you all understand! anyway i sort of have a plan for the direction this is going and i'm kinda excited because if it goes as planned i should be able to find inspiration again. also i know this is kinda short but i'm trying to find inspiration again! please be patient with me :)

by the way, thank you for 3k reads! this book is getting a lot more attention than i expected and i'm so thankful for all of you! thank you for the support!

-kay <3