Chapter 31

So now Gray was in Jellal's body and Juvia's was in Erza's. It was a very strange experience for them. They had not been in a living body for a long time and they couldn't remember what it felt like until now.

"How do you guys feel?" Wendy asked.

"Weird." Gray answered looking at Jellal's hands. "So this is what it feels like to have flesh covering every part of your body." 

"Your mother has a lot of hair." Juvia said. "How often does she cut it?"

"That's not important right now." Wendy said. Come on, you guys have to get up and get ready to meet Miss Strauss."

"Oh right! Of course!" Juvia looked down at Erza's legs. She tried to will them to move but at the moment they felt very numb. "Oh dear."

"What?"

"I can't move her legs."

"What do you mean you can't move them?"

"They feel numb and they're not responding to my thoughts."

"So do his." Gray said. "And is it my imagination or is this man really out of shape?"

"You guys do know how to stand up and walk?" Wendy asked.

"Yes. It's just been so long." Gray said. "And there's also the fact that we're not the only ones inhabiting these bodies."

"I think if we can just get a little support then we can get the hang of this." Juvia said.

Juvia moved Erza's hands to the edge of the countertop then used it to push herself up on to Erza's feet. Gray did the same thing with Jellal's body.

"Alright I think I've got this." Gray said. "On three we let go and try it on our own. Ready?"

"Ready." Juvia said.

"One...Two...Three."

They let go of the countertop edge and tried to walk.

"I'm standing. I'm a little wobbly but I'm standing." Juvia said.

"Now let's try to walk." Gray said.

They tried to but the legs started wabble.

"Oh no. Going down. Going down!" Gray said.

And they both fell to the floor.

"Is it wrong that I'm enjoying this?" Natsu snickered.

They had ended up landing in a very akward position. In which Jellal's body was on top of Erza's and his body was between her open legs. Gray and Juvia both caused blush to arise on the cheeks of their hosts. Startled they immediately moved away from each other and finally had enough strong will to stand up.

"Well that was unexpected." Gray said feeling very embarrassed and it only grew when he along with everyone else noticed the bludge that had formed in Jellal's pants.

"Ahhh! It's not what you think Juvia! I swear!" Gray said nervously.

"Oh gross Gray." Lucy said covering Wendy's eyes.

"You hound." Natsu said smirking.

"Shut up! It's... It's not me! It's his body! His reaction! Not mine!" Gray said.

"What's going on?" Wendy asked.

"Nothing!" All four of them.

"Gray you get rid of that now!" Lucy said.

"How?" Gray asked.

"Only one way." Natsu said and he whispered the solution to him.

"Oh vulgar!" Gray said in disgust. "I'm not doing that!"

"Listen why don't you gentlemen sort this out while Wendy and I go get ready?" Juvia said.

It took some time but eventually Gray and Juvia managed to get complete control of Jellal and Erza's bodies. Once that was settled Wendy helped them get ready for the meeting. By eight o'clock they were prepared.

"Great we're ready to go." Wendy said. "Now let's get to the car."

"Car?" Gray said.

"Yes. You have to drive there."

"Drive?"

"Yes. You know how to drive right?"

"I died before cars were invented. What do you think?"

"Well I can't drive. I'm a kid."

"I guess I could try." Juvia said.

"Can you drive?" Wendy asked.

"I've never done it before but how hard can it be?"

Five minutes later...

Wendy was clutching the backseat in terror due to the numerous near death experiences she had been having ever since she got into the car.

"This is fun." Juvia said smiling. "I should do this driving more often. Maybe Natsu will let me drive his taxi sometime."

"You haven't destroyed the car yet so I guess you're not that bad of a driver." Gray said. "What do you think Wendy?"

"I'm too young to die!" The terrified little girl screamed.

"Hmm... Juvia maybe we should switch."

"Okay. Where should I stop?" Juvia asked looking behind her.

"Eyes on the road! Please!" Wendy cried. "Maybe I should have let Natsu posseses my dad. At least he can drive."

So while Wendy was desperately trying not to die, Lucy and Natsu were back at the house using their spectral powers to clean up a bit.

"It was nice of us to clean up for Wendy's folks." Lucy said. "But should we have really stayed behind? Maybe we should have gone with them. After all Gray and Juvia have never done body possession before."

"I'm sure they got it handled. It's nothing to it really."

"So they won't have any problems?"

"No. Worst case scenario would be.... Uh-oh."

"What?"

"Okay don't get angry and don't hit me but I might have forgotten to warn them about something that could occur when possessing a living body."

"What? What could happen?"

"Heh..Heh...The thing is some living people have a very strong will and they may try to push out the spirits that have possessed their bodies."

"Push out?"

"You know. Regain control of their bodies and force the spirit to leave. In other words Wendy's parents may regain consciousness and try to push Gray and Juvia out of their bodies."

"You moron! Why didn't you tell them this earlier?!"

"I forgot! I'm sorry!"

"Oh this is bad. This is very bad."

"Maybe not. I mean how strong willed are Wendy's parents anyway? They may not try to regain control. It all depends."

"You are an idiot. Seriously, there can't be anyone dead or alive less intelligent than you." She huffed.  "Come on we better go warn them."