26~STAY OUT OF IT!

Start from the beginning

"I know for a fact that with style, what we explorers of the outer world want is to find extra-terrestrial intelligence breathing and physical. And when we have seen it, we will become scared and feisty that we fight." At this point, his intent is to listen to my argumentative defend rather than object.

"We fight what we have always wanted to see. What we spend half a lifetime paving way to have a glimpse of contact with."

With this speech, I finally take goodness arguing is one of the things I was known for in high school. Not a good reputation but I comes in handy. He frustratingly runs his hands over his hair and let's out a really, really, really long sigh.

"If really there is an invasion, why would aliens of this starting want to stop it? Aren't they of the same species?"

I want to answer that but once again, it's not my place to tell and I won't. Again, knowing that the aliens are a few turnings away, puts me on a testing zone that I do not want to face: so instead I go with, "who knows?"

Not to show my progression, I hastily add, "the point is that we have a head-start on what is about to happen and there are species that are willing to assist us win this battle. But we just have to co-operate with the few of resources left to find."

"Resources?" He strides from his sit of occupation. "What resources do you speak of?"

Caught red-handed.

"I originally came to ask for support with ammunitions." In my head, I fantasized he saying: "what? Sure, right away in fact."

"I supposed this is the original reason you're telling me this?"

"Yes."

He bops his head in adherence. "And how do you think I have ammunitions or resources meant to help stop or avoid this invasion?"

"Your office and mine aren't that far wide apart. During your conversations with commissioner-by the way, tell him to stop eating burritos. It makes his voice come out like he's gagging-I might have heard you speaking on helping with superseding of guns."

"I should have my office moved," he whispers.

"I should ask, were you once in the military or what?"

"Yes I was. But after the border crossing to Mexico, thousand were injured. I decided to take on something less tiring and the rest's history."

I hate history. It's not my story.

"Nevertheless how you are connected, are you going to help us or shall I tell Kia his uncle is a baby?"

He chuckles a little bit. "I shall help. But if I am unable to come across, I ask you to find a way to acquire those ammunitions yourself."

"You mean steal it?"

"You didn't hear that from me."

Adults.

"In the meantime-" he is interrupted by two aliens who sound to be in the middle of an argument.

"Take the bag away from my butt. Who brings a bag on a pleading treaty?"

"The ones who are always prepared to learn new information on where they should."

"Ugh, with the learning, your brain looks to be the size of a pickle."

"No, fighting-"

"STAY OUT OF IT."

°˖✧◝◜✧˖°°˖✧◝◜✧˖°°˖✧◝▿◜✧˖°°˖✧◝▿◜✧˖°