"TWENTY-footers?"

Start from the beginning

Emilio found me bundled up under the blankets an hour later. Unfortunately for me, I only managed to get a few minutes of rest since I went down a popular rabbit hole known as Reddit. I still have no idea what boyfriends and girlfriends do on vacation.

"Do you want me to turn the heat up?" I shake my head as I lazily stretch my arms upward. He joins me on the bed, tapping away at his phone as he sighs. "We'll have a bodyguard while we're in the city. I hope that's okay."

I nod as our eyes meet. I'm not well versed in the world of the rich and famous so if Emilio thinks a bodyguard is required then who I am to voice my dissent? 

Emilio chuckles as he shifts his body into a more comfortable position. "You've haven't said a word since I walked into this room. Are you tired?"

"I'm okay." My voice cracks and he raises his eyebrows. "The jet lag hasn't kicked in yet."

Throwing the heavy blanket to the side, I make a move to get off the bed but Emilio stops me as he gently takes hold of my wrist. "Should we stay in today?"

"Emilio." I widen my eyes. "Don't you think it would be a waste to fly all the way here just to stay inside?"

He smiles softly. "No. There's a pool on the terrace. We could order in."

I mirror his smile. "Are we gonna turn off the Wi-Fi and our phones too?"

"We could." His answer is quick and by the look in his eyes I can tell that he's serious.

The idea of being in such a state with Emilio doesn't sound all that bad. We could use the time to enjoy each other's company, eat, go swimming, play games, and then once we get tired of doing all that, we could have...

...sex.

Boyfriends and girlfriends are intimate on vacation. Well, I'm pretty sure they are. I would have to get intimate with my own boyfriend to be sure.

"No way." I get off the bed in a rush. Emilio looks up at me in surprise and I chuckle awkwardly. He doesn't need to know where my mind just went. "I wanna see the city."

I'm quick to steer the conversation as I take his hands and pull him to his feet. Emilio bites down on his lip as he looks at me with a twinkle in his eyes. "You're too cute." I roll my eyes and he takes that as an invitation to kiss the bridge of my nose. 

"I should get ready." My voice lowers but I make no effort to leave Emilio's personal space. The look that he's sporting can only be interpreted in one way. 

"Yes." His tone changes. He's agreeing with me but it's as if he's saying yes to something else entirely. 

There's an unspoken question hanging in the air. It's like the type of smoke you can smell but not see. I'm convinced that I'm being a little too obvious when it comes to my naughty intentions. 

I'm nothing but a feral beast on a rampage. I don't let that thought simmer since I know deep down that any amount of contemplation would prevent me from pouncing. 

Emilio catches me without much effort, holding me securely by the waist as our lips meet. I sigh into the kiss and my body melts then molds into his. The bed breaks our fall as Emilio loses his footing.